• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed yesterday. Easy install -- Thanks Proenips and Cosfjr for the assistance. Did learn one thing. It's a good idea to wrap the the ground lug with electrical tape to prevent the drama that can occur if it accidentally touches the positive battery terminal... :blink:
Hey spoilport,

I can imagine your hair looked a lot like your avatar when that happened...
av-24594.jpg

Glad to hear that you took care of your bike before the riding season got under way.
yahoo.gif

I wonder how many of both Art's and My customers will be on a trip when the spider bites and the harnesses are still on their work benches at home "waiting for the most opportune time to install.

Wake up people, it's not a matter of if, but when with these 2nd Gen. bikes. If I can't get to you quick enough, perhaps my good friend Art (roadrunner) can help you out. The important thing is that you squash this spider before you get bit, not after.
blink.gif

Just saying.

wink.gif

Brodie
Yes, and I remember thinking, this is impossible - the engine isn't running and the battery is disconnected! The irony is that I almost caused the very thing that I was trying to prevent! Well, no damage was done and there's no sign of "the incident", except a slightly scorched S4.

Brodie, I would like one of your harnesses. Would you please PM me with cost info. If you can tolerate it, I'd like to send you a check and you can wait to ship until it clears. I had a bad experience with Paypal some years ago where they decided my money was theirs and they didn't need to give it back to me. Since then, I have avoided using them. Please let me know. Dan

Greb's is installed, Thanks again Brodie

Brodie, I would like one of your harnesses. Would you please PM me with cost info. If you can tolerate it, I'd like to send you a check and you can wait to ship until it clears. I had a bad experience with Paypal some years ago where they decided my money was theirs and they didn't need to give it back to me. Since then, I have avoided using them. Please let me know. Dan
PM sent

Hi.

i Know it's a bit late,BUT are there any more of these grounding harnesses available?ù

Thanks.

Brodie ~

Late to the party, but would like one of your excellent grounding harneses as well...

Would appreciate hearing from you if you are still in production!

n741dm AT rocketmail.com

Thanks for your efforts on our behalf :clapping:

Don

dsmack

I would like one as well, could you let me know if they are still in production?

:blink:

Gentlemen

Yes I am still making these Grounding Harnesses. I believe I have The List up to date. If I missed anybody please send me a PM.

I am having materials arriving (hopefully) late this week. I should have several made up by the weekend.

Thank you

smile.gif

Brodie

Hi Brodie,

I would like one of your ground harnesses for my 2006A.

Many thanks - Scott

I have mine installed now and it wasn't nearly as hard as I had imagined, but I did have a nice set of picks to work with.

The bike seems to run a bit smoother now, as in not having surging at low speeds around town any more. I had previously done the Barbarian jumper mod to help alleviate this but that was not a cure. It's hard, even for me to believe since all the spiders were in good condition. Go figure. I suppose it's possible something else got tweaked during the installation.

The quality of Brodie's harness is second to none, heavy duty, and probably overkill. I definitely don't need to worry about spider bites anymore. :yahoo:

I have mine installed now and it wasn't nearly as hard as I had imagined, but I did have a nice set of picks to work with.

The bike seems to run a bit smoother now, as in not having surging at low speeds around town any more. I had previously done the Barbarian jumper mod to help alleviate this but that was not a cure. It's hard, even for me to believe since all the spiders were in good condition. Go figure. I suppose it's possible something else got tweaked during the installation.

The quality of Brodie's harness is second to none, heavy duty, and probably overkill. I definitely don't need to worry about spider bites anymore. :yahoo:

I believe you are right about the bike running better. I think these bikes all suffer, to a greater or lesser extent, low level issues caused by marginal grounding. If you spent any time in the old mainframe computer business, you know the strange malaise that can sometimes occur, causing intermittant problems. We used to spend hours and days trying to force a hard failure out of intermittant problems so we could get enough info to fix the thing. I think what we are seeing with the FJR is similar, only we're not recognizing the "intermittant" until after the fact, when the grounding gets fixed and everything is suddenly working the way it should be.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.