Half Cover Size

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Reaction score
I'm going to get a Nelson Rigg half cover but am not sure of what size. I did a search and found many using the XL but I think everyone had a top case (I don't) so should I get the large or would the XL work just as well.

Thanks

Gary

I think you'll still need the XL. I'm not sure the L would be long enough. It's not just the height of a top case, it's the reach from headlights to taillights.

I am not familiar with the brand you want to buy, however, I have several covers for my FJR and all are XL. I recently ordered a cover and the add claimed the size for the FJR is L. I could not get the cover over the windscreen and ove the headlight area. The seller replaced it with an XL.

I just purchased the Nelson-Rigg Half cover. It is the UV 2000. XL

I will post up some pics tomorrow with it on the bike(s) One with a Givi and one with a pelican case.

(Unless someone else does first)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0605_zpsa8ee3441.jpg

IMG_0606_zps1ba58df4.jpg
IMG_0607_zpsc103941b.jpg

IMG_0608_zpsa3a9a452.jpg

Snapped these pics in a hurry.

Info on what was covered:

FZ 1 mirrors extended

OEM windscreen

Pelican 1550 case

V strom handguards

No side cases

Plenty of excess cover, the case is pretty flat.

You could probably get away with a large- but why? The cover without the top case would most likely fully cover your side cases.

Plus it has a valcro draw for extra cover to tuck nicely. The XL packs in the bag it comes with VERY easy and as you can see it on the tank,

it is quite small. Mine was a quick stuff job, with a little time you could store 2 of them OR compress for smaller packing.

Plus the XL would give you the possibilities to add a top case later.

This pic is from when I met majicmaker and Patriot at Pensacola NAS for the 2011 homecoming air show. That's them at the back by Patriot's bike, with majicmaker's in the front. The important part is mine, under the UV-2000 half cover, XL. You can see that I have a top case, but you can also see how wide and tall the cover is at the front to get over the shield. Folding the mirrors helps, but it doesn't look like I did that here. Even with a top case, it gets over the side cases, and without the top case it covers them completely. So XL it is.

DSC_3584.jpg