Hang your hard bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice idea...I also used round utility hooks to hang mine from the ceiling directly above the bikes rear end in the garage.

I only seem to use my side cases for traveling as my top case is better suited for daily commuting, so I needed a place to store them where they wouldn't get damaged. Also, my garage is a bit tight and it's nice to not have them on the bike getting rubbed against daily. I found a piece of aluminum U-channel I saved from an old shower door and put it to good use.
yk1t.jpg

htfy.jpg

The channel is 1" tall by 1.5" deep. I drilled holes in the face large enough to clear the heads of the mounting screws. Easy breezy. The door casing on the left and water tank on the right keep the bags from sliding off (not that they would anyway), but you could use a bolt as a stop instead.
Great idea. Looks like your water heater needs to be synced.

Very clever idea!! They need to be moved apart a bit and covered. I keep mine on top of a long wall mounted filing cabinet and covered. Never use the bags except for touring.

Hopefully they don't get knocked off if somebody accidentally bangs into them??
Gary
Take another U shaped piece of that metal and turn it upside down and bolt it to the wall at just the right distance under the existing one so the locking mechanism on the bag will catch it when you fold the handle down. Now they won't come off...

Hopefully they don't get knocked off if somebody accidentally bangs into them??
Gary
Take another U shaped piece of that metal and turn it upside down and bolt it to the wall at just the right distance under the existing one so the locking mechanism on the bag will catch it when you fold the handle down. Now they won't come off...
Good idea.

What you guys can't see in the picture is the large freezer directly underneath the bags, so no real chance of somebody bumping into them.

That makes two of us. LOL! No room to hang them on any wall here.

Last edited by a moderator: