Harbor Freight Jack Stands

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good info. I never trust jack stands if I am going to be under a car. I use wood blocks. Positioned properly they will never collapse. I use them like jack stands jacking the car up to the a little above the desired height and then lowering onto the wood.

I have a set of four stands that were my fathers. I trust them cause they are old fashioned American made stuff. I used them when I worked on school buses with confidence. New stuff isn't worth trusting your life on. Maybe your asshole neighbor but not yourself. 

I agree with Bob, Good solid wood blocking works great.

I've blocked up boats  in excess of a 100 tons with wood blocks. Big heavy blocks. Probably why I've had five hernia operations. 

I had to go put and check my 4 HF stands.  Mione are older than these collapsing ones.

Remind all - never use Cinder/concrete blocks as Jack Stands  DAMHIK - JSNS

I had to go put and check my 4 HF stands.  Mione are older than these collapsing ones.
Remind all - never use concrete blocks as Jack Stands  DAMHIK - JSNS
BigJohn,

I can see never using cinder blocks (they are mostly air, wrapped in an inch of low-grade concrete), but what  is wrong with concrete blocks?  My house is concrete block, and far more solid than brick.  I think my place would stand up to light artillery.    :coolsmiley02: