Harley and the Davidsons--Did You Watch?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Think it was the Discovery Channel that ran this as a three-part series a few weeks ago. I recorded it and just today watched the third episode, summing up the birth of the company, the development of the bike, and really the story of the evolution of the American motorcycle industry. I know there's not much love for the product around here, but it's a heck of a story. You can watch it on line, and probably on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon or somewhere. Well done, interesting and informative. Worth seeing.

I was too busy watch'n Rob & Chyna, best show ever made for TV since Kloe & Lamar!
bleh.gif
lmaosmiley.gif
ohno-smiley02.gif

I thought it was great. The first episode the best, but the others were very good also.

Well, a grain wouldn't ever be enough for something like this, but if you take it with LOTS of salt . . . Good looks at a lot of very early motorcycles, really motorized bicycles, the story of the early races (that motordrome incident really happened), doing it all in the teeth of the Depression, just a pretty interesting look at America and industry in those days. Who knows how closely any of the personalities were portrayed? One thing, though, through all their struggles--would they make it? Would Ford run them over?--were already resolved 70 or 80 years ago. Kind of like watching a WWII movie and hoping we'd win. :lol: (We did.)

Ford did pretty well too. Not so much the Edsel.

I enjoyed the first 2 section but have not gotten around to the 3rd one. Maybe I will finish watching it when the weather turns. Looking outside that may be this week.

Watched all three episodes. Enjoyed it a great deal. One of my fav scenes was when the one black racer was granted his own dealership and would now be able to circumvent the threats given him by the overweight big shot that kept trying to get all the homespun racers arrested. Brought tears to my eyes.

I watched it. Thought it was cool. No idea what wasn't historically accurate about it.
I have to find the link but I think it was on cycle news and they were talking about various things that were incorrect like HD continued to race after the one guy was killed for about a year afterwards they didn't stop immediately.