Has anyone tried one of these on the FJR.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
It seems like you could retro fit one of these on an FJR? Clicky

One of my neighbors bought one and swears by it. Maybe if it works out we could do a group buy?

JW

My neighbor tried one on his Harley and it didn't work out well, at all....

800px-CarrolltonTornado13Feb07FenceOnMotorcycle.jpg

:rolleyes:

Finally a group buy that I can get into. I'm in. These gas prices are killing me.

jwilly,

Don't waist your money, it is a crock of pooh! If you want to get more air in, buy a turbo charger with an inter-cooler, or better yet a super charger! These things can actually chock the air flow and/or cause unwanted turbulence in the air box/plenum.

Unfortunately, the air box intake faces backward on an FJR (to keep the water out of the air box) If it faced up, down or forward, one could rig up a ram air injection, but then you would have to change the mapping on the ECU. IMHO, the most cost effective up grade anyone can do to increase air intake is to buy and regularly keep clean a K & N air filter.

jwilly,
Don't waist your money, it is a crock of pooh! If you want to get more air in, buy a turbo charger with an inter-cooler, or better yet a super charger! These things can actually chock the air flow and/or cause unwanted turbulence in the air box/plenum.

Unfortunately, the air box intake faces backward on an FJR (to keep the water out of the air box) If it faced up, down or forward, one could rig up a ram air injection, but then you would have to change the mapping on the ECU. IMHO, the most cost effective up grade anyone can do to increase air intake is to buy and regularly keep clean a K & N air filter.
It looks like they have addressed the unwanted turbulence in the design?

Specifically, your Vortec Cyclone™ is a non-moving vortex generator that fits inside the air intake hose of your car's engine. It creates a swirling cyclone of air within the combustion chamber, leading to better airflow,

I was stoopid enough to try one of those on my old Isuzu Trooper. Made no dif in gas milage.

Sold the Trooper, kept it, Tried it in a Chevy truck. No Dif.

I was stoopid enough to try one of those on my old Isuzu Trooper. Made no dif in gas milage.
You probably got one of the knock offs, and not the real deal.

BEWARE OF CHEAP KNOCKOFFS AND IMITATORS – Some advertise prices as low as $29, but they’ll cost you a LOT more in the long run. The Original Vortec Cyclone—there is no substitute!

You probably got one of the knock offs, and not the real deal.

BEWARE OF CHEAP KNOCKOFFS AND IMITATORS – Some advertise prices as low as $29, but they’ll cost you a LOT more in the long run. The Original Vortec Cyclone—there is no substitute!

You are prob right.

I didn't have the cheap imitation knock off Vortex

I had the cheap imitation Tornado

Things things have been around since the 80's and have never been popular for one reason. The don't work. None of the automotive press has ever said anything good about them, their own website proves it. If the best press they can quote is a newspaper... well then...

Anyway.... In a car, the intake air is diverted and redirected many times after the "vortex generator" and before the combustion chamber. Having a vortex effect may benefit one or two kinks, but there's no way the effect of that piece will reach the combustion chamber. Their whole claim of helping to atomize fuel in the combustion chamber is a farce. Specifically after the air has gone through a turbo or supercharger (which their site claims their product will still help).

And furthermore, the FJR has no intake "tube". That unit is far too large to use anywhere in the FJR intake assembly, and there are very few circular cross sections anyway. If you were going to try this on the FJR, you would need to find mini versions of this produce, and install one in each throttle body intake tube.

But you'd still be wasting your money. Honestly... I'd expect any actual gains to be had from "vortex" vs non-vortex air would be negated by the new restriction to your intake.

Oh Gawd No. Where's the thread that's worse than NEPRT? How do I emphasize the POINTLESS part applies in greatest measure? Where do I move this to mock the original poster unmercifully?

Please make it stop!!!!! AGGGHHHHH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously Jwilly!If a 50 cent piece of tin saved gas and increased horse power, dont you think it would be a standard component on all vehicles... Oh wait, let me guess, its a secret and patented technology that only this company has the exclusive rights to. like you couldnt come up with a thousand variations of that, all of which could produce the same "effect"Come on, if your going to post this stuff at least wait till friday :dribble:

Yeah.I feel dirty now for actually replying.
haaahaaa :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
PS: you should be aware that "Bernoulli's Principle states that for an ideal fluid (low speed air is a good approximation), with no work being performed on the fluid, an increase in velocity occurs simultaneously with decrease in pressure or a change in the fluid's gravitational potential energy." you might also have a look at Ohms law if this doesnt make sense to you.

AKA: if you tin turbine dont spin like... well a real turbine, any increase in velocity will come at the expense of lowered pressure. Hence fewer molecules of air per volume space. In other words you cant get something for nothing! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, We've ruled out the vortex generators, but I've got a ring magnet to put on the fuel line. This will magnetically align all of the fuel molecules for better combustion once they reach the chamber. :haha:

What? No group buy?
Apparently, P. T. Barnum was right.
No, there are seven.
Sorry Scab, I forgot to put the standard group buy disclaimer about stepping on your throat and kicking your nose into the back of your head with size 14 cowboy boot. :dribble:

My neighbor is going to be pissed if I tell him that he's wrong?

JW

Latest posts