Have A Cigar!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
His name is Jordan and he is a newly born peregrine falcon that lives at 55 Water Street in Manhattan, appropriately just blocks away from ground zero. The mom had 3 boys and a girl and they will be named after fallen heroes.

Daily News Article

Check out the LIVE BIRD CAM to see the little ones.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

On a kind of related topic there is a story in the Memorial Day issue of American Legion Magazine about Jordan and Jonathan Yale called Six Seconds To Live

The illustration is by the artist Matt Hall

JordanandJonathanAmericanLegionSketch.jpg

You are now up to speed on the latest in the continuing story of LCpl Jordan C. Haerter, USMC.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great Chris.

The symbolism is astoundingly good.

Here's to Jordan!

My two boys, Jonathan(21) and David(19) will stand with me as we salute him as well on Memorial Day, standing together during the Wheaton parade.

Thought it was another kind of thread. Was thinking that it was a small world since our first grandchild (son) was born Thursday night.

Thanks for the look at the bird cam--I like the idea of using the names of Jordan and the others. Then I read the story. Damn, hard even for me.
I get choked up every time I read that General's speech...and think about Jordan in that situation. :(

God bless him.
Me too. But I'm glad he's been given wings...

Axe, Thanks for sharing. I lead a team of 48 airmen. At each organized event or CC Call, we remember those fallen brothers and sisters that have given all. Tomorrow, I will have our youngest SSgt read this artical and lead us in 20 four count push ups in Jordan's memory. I appreciate you sharing this with us. God bless you.

Latest posts