Helen, GA / North GA Mtns 11/12-11/14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug36854

Reaction score
Anybody got some free time and wanna join me and the copilot in the North GA mtns Veterans Day Weekend? We have booked a condo in Helen but there are plenty of cabins and campgrounds nearby. And if the other folks that planned to ride with us end up backing out, there may be an open room or 2 (pending Miss Lorrie's approval)

I have a room booked 11/19. I've never done too much roaming past Helen. We rode up into the mountains last time we stayed there and it was awesome, but we were riding into a squall line and turned back before too long. Depending on what I've got going on I might come out and ride a bit.

Count me in! Finally!!!!

Text me the details D and I'll just get a room set up nearby in the event others don't back out.

I would ride over Friday afternoon the 11th and then return back to B'ham Sunday afternoon. Mrs. Bandit has a Mary Kay open house meeting on the 12th, so I'll be flying solo if someone wants to split a room with me.

Look into Two Wheels of Suches = formerly Two Wheels Only. Bike friendly camping, cabins and lodge rooms.

Let me know if you want to route recommendations - it's my back yard.

TWO is nice! Josh, mark, and I camped there last night and the night before. The redo of that place is awesome. I camped there years ago and it was pretty run down. But not now. . The cabins are nice and the bathhouse is first class. Restaurant is closed though.

It's right smack dab in the middle of the good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Bill - we really didn't decide on that place until the last minute.

I will be back there soon. In a few short years, if my prayers are answered, we will be neighbors.

Ms. Mary told us she was done for the season. You can still camp on the honor system. We were doing that, but she show'd up to do some accounting, so we were able to pay her.

The first night, we shared the entire place with two other geezers across the way. The second we had it all to ourselves. It was really nice.

guess I should have looked here earlier...we were camping at TWO in the car area w/our popup....Fri/Sat

did get to meet and speak with FJRBandit and another gentleman, sorry forgot name...both had great looking bikes!

guess I should have looked here earlier...we were camping at TWO in the car area w/our popup....Fri/Sat
did get to meet and speak with FJRBandit and another gentleman, sorry forgot name...both had great looking bikes!
Chances are really good that it was me. Red bike with a Givi V56 on back, Carbon 2Bros pipes. Ring a bell?

Chances are really good that it was me. Red bike with a Givi V56 on back, Carbon 2Bros pipes. Ring a bell?
Yes!! Thank you Doug!!

Yes!! Thank you Doug!!
Does anything look familiar here Kurt?

20161112_173206_zpsugzqeud1.jpg