HeliBars® Replacement Triple Clamp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheZsdad

Mr. Bill goes for a ride!
Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt][/size]We have reached 12 so any ordered up to 25 will receive 15% off.[/SIZE]

HELIBAR GB is a go, see post in the Group Buy Section for details.

I been thinking with all the new members that we may have the numbers to get a group buy together.

I honestly don't know exactly how the GB would work but if there is any interest I can check into it.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started looking into these myself, so I might be interested. I'll have to find out how many nights on the couch this is going to cost me. :)

I just started looking into these myself, so I might be interested. I'll have to find out how many nights on the couch this is going to cost me. :)
Dang Dave wish I could help you out with the nights on the couch math. My wife is fairly reasonable so I

figure about 3 nights for the triple clamp.

Dang Dave wish I could help you out with the nights on the couch math. My wife is fairly reasonable so I

Well, my wife was pretty cool about the new bike. The problem is that I made the mistake of telling her that one of the advantages of a bike like the FJR over some of the others I have owned is that I don't have to spend a lot of cash on aftermarket stuff. OOPS! Little did I know. But I think 3 nights would be a fair price to pay. If I can work it so that it's around that "time of the month"...Bonus! Time to sell some more dive gear.

If you get them, you will love them!
Just installed mine a few weeks ago - muuuuuch better. :D
Hey Sportsguy, when you say that they are much better, what specifically do you mean? What prompted you to decide you needed these in the first place?

Thanks,

Dave

The Heli triple clamp will raise your bars a litte and also bring them back, the website

says how much, I installed the triple clamp and their risers (yes, they both fit) and my

lower back is very happy now.

If you feel uncomfortable with the stock riding position and/or just have a big gut (like I do),

you will not regret spending the moola.

Hey Sportsguy, when you say that they are much better, what specifically do you mean? What prompted you to decide you needed these in the first place?

Thanks,

Dave
I wanted to sit a bit more upright and these did just that for me. They are taller and position the clip ons a bit closer to me, the net result being my back is a bight straighter.

Between this and the Master Yoda riding position, I can virtually eliminate lower back pain on longer rides now. :)

Next up will be a custom seat, though, which while softer on the old tookus, will likely place me right back into an almost factory relationship between seat and bars. Given pain in my lower back is minimal, I don't see this as a real problem. As the new seat breaks in, I expect to find a happy medium.

The clamp is also much beefier than the stock unit, and while I "know" this contibuted to a more solid feel, damned if I can actually "feel" that difference. I'm just not that tuned, like some folks. ;)

I also very much appreciate the pre-drilled & tapped holes perfect for mounting RAM mount style mounts.

I also cannot overlook the desire to farkle. Back when I bought this unit, I was following a "logical path of upgrades", then waited many months to install it. ;) This was maybe 10% of my decision, though.

In practical use, I find it easier now with them to sit more upright, creating an overall more comfortable position for me on longer rides. Heck, it feels great on short rides, too. :)

Had I never bought these, I'm sure I would have been fine down the road. Knowing, though, that a custom seat often makes you sit a bit higher, I reasoned that this upgrade was going to happen either now or later. I opted to buy the Heli's now and save the higher cost of the custom seat for later. ;)

Thanks,

Dave
I wanted to sit a bit more upright and these did just that for me. They are taller and position the clip ons a bit closer to me, the net result being my back is a bight straighter.

Between this and the Master Yoda riding position, I can virtually eliminate lower back pain on longer rides now. :)

Next up will be a custom seat, though, which while softer on the old tookus, will likely place me right back into an almost factory relationship between seat and bars. Given pain in my lower back is minimal, I don't see this as a real problem. As the new seat breaks in, I expect to find a happy medium.

The clamp is also much beefier than the stock unit, and while I "know" this contibuted to a more solid feel, damned if I can actually "feel" that difference. I'm just not that tuned, like some folks. ;)

I also very much appreciate the pre-drilled & tapped holes perfect for mounting RAM mount style mounts.

I also cannot overlook the desire to farkle. Back when I bought this unit, I was following a "logical path of upgrades", then waited many months to install it. ;) This was maybe 10% of my decision, though.

In practical use, I find it easier now with them to sit more upright, creating an overall more comfortable position for me on longer rides. Heck, it feels great on short rides, too. :)

Had I never bought these, I'm sure I would have been fine down the road. Knowing, though, that a custom seat often makes you sit a bit higher, I reasoned that this upgrade was going to happen either now or later. I opted to buy the Heli's now and save the higher cost of the custom seat for later. ;)
Thanks again for the reply...just what I wanted to know. I don't have back issues on the bike yet (no long rides logged) but I would like to sit more upright. So much farkle...so little cash.

Well, my wife was pretty cool about the new bike. The problem is that I made the mistake of telling her that one of the advantages of a bike like the FJR over some of the others I have owned is that I don't have to spend a lot of cash on aftermarket stuff. OOPS! Little did I know. But I think 3 nights would be a fair price to pay. If I can work it so that it's around that "time of the month"...Bonus! Time to sell some more dive gear.
[SIZE=18pt]ROOKIE MISTAKE!!![/SIZE]

I made the same mistake.

But she works 2nds and 3rds, and I work 1st. So chances are we're not sleeping together anyway. So I'm either interested in the HeliBars or possibly the dive gear you're selling.

I am interested in a Helibar riser set as well. Interested in seeing how much of a discount will be offered.
Looking back at the history of a couple Helibar group buys it looks like a savings of 10 to 15 percent

depending on the number purchased. At this point I have not contacted them. I'm just fishing

for interest. If I get 10 interested in the triple clamp I call.

Here is the piece I'm talking about.

https://www.helibars.com/product/tour-perfo...aha-fjr1300a-ae

I made the same mistake.

But she works 2nds and 3rds, and I work 1st. So chances are we're not sleeping together anyway. So I'm either interested in the HeliBars or possibly the dive gear you're selling.
Perhaps you could start asking her to give you neck and shoulder rubs after rides, then work into the conversation how you wish the handlebars were a little further up and back....... after a few times, work the "Oh yeah, I found these handlebar riser things......." into the conversation..............

Any news on a group buy yet? I'm ready to purchase!
Russ
Russ,, I called Heli today to discuss a Group Buy but the person I need to speak with is out.

I left a message and expect to hear from them tomorrow. At this point we have 6 that seem

interested in the buy. Once I get the details I'll post it in the Group Buy Section.

I'm in for the group buy.

The sooner the better as I want to have it installed for the pictures I need to take for a Russel seat purchase.