Help for AGirl in Montreal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGirl

Reaction score
ON THE ROAD ...(reside in AZ-85338, CA-96150,
I have no idea if this is the appropriate place to post this or not but it's my best guess.

I'm currently on the road (ok, I'm actually in a motel room waiting out a tornado) and I'll be in Montreal this time next week. I've experienced some difficulties w/my 07 while en route that required spending time w/a mechanic (details: HERE). Things have cleared and she's running *great* but I'd like to have a plan should the need arise to seek further help. Can someone recommend a Yamaha wrench in or around Montreal? Passing along those names/places who you'd avoid would be most appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

AGirl

I have no idea if this is the appropriate place to post this or not but it's my best guess.
I'm currently on the road (ok, I'm actually in a motel room waiting out a tornado) and I'll be in Montreal this time next week. I've experienced some difficulties w/my 07 while en route that required spending time w/a mechanic (details: HERE). Things have cleared and she's running *great* but I'd like to have a plan should the need arise to seek further help. Can someone recommend a Yamaha wrench in or around Montreal? Passing along those names/places who you'd avoid would be most appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

AGirl
Try dropping a PM to Pierre in case he doesn't check in here. He said he lives in Terrebonne, which I think is a suburb of Montreal.

Only 2 questions AGirl.

For a moment I thought you had the worlds first diesel FJR.

What did you do in your former working life that can afford the luxury amounts of time you spend enjoying the vast open road and composing fantastic ride reports? :dribble:

Hope all goes well for you, and I look forward to meeting you sometime soon when you head to the Western side of the Sierra's.

Hope I will be able to help you, I lived in Terrebonne this is 15 minutes north of Montreal.

There is a Yamaha dealer, where I bought my FJR that, so far, give me good services !

Dealer name is : Moto Illimitées, name of the guy in service is Dominic, phone number to reach

him is ( 450 ) 477- 4000 ext: 270.

I suggest that you call them first to take an appoinment

web site is : www.motosillimitees.com

There easy to find, their in an industrial park.

If you want a dealer in Montreal, then let me know will find you someone !

If ever I could help you with something, let me know, pm me !

Things in the service departments at local shops up here are hopping, and the FJR isn't quite the best sellng bike in the world, so parts can be an issue. But . . . .

Montreal is a pretty large city and we have a bunch of dealers on-island and in the region - visiting riders tend to get priority service.

My personal preference is a smaller dealer where I have received extremely friendly, courteous service and they've always gone the extra kilometer for me. I bought my current ride from them even though they are 20 miles from me and there are at least four other dealers closer:

DESHAIES MOTOSPORT INC.

8568 BOUL ST.MICHEL

MONTREAL, QC

H1Z3E8

514-593-1950

Ask for Joe or Marco and tell them what your situation is and that I sent you if you get into trouble.

Newman Motosports is another family style shop where I've had luck in the past, though it's been a few years since I've patronised them. They have two branches, but I've never been to their shop in Greenfield Park on the South Shore.

MOTO SPORT NEWMAN INC.

7308 BOUL NEWMAN

LA SALLE, QC

H8N1X2

514-366-4863

MOTO SPORT NEWMAN INC.

3259 BOUL TASCHEREAU

GREENFIELD PARK, QC

J4V2H5

450-656-5006

No matter what problems you may suffer, I suggest you do not go to M.R. CHICOINE SPORTS INC.

Good luck

Bram

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Vous remercier très, beaucoup ! ![/SIZE] :clapping:
I'm heading up to Montreal tomorrow with the detailed information you guys so kindly posted above in tow. The help and support is most appreciated!! :)

AGirl

Weather is nice in Montreal actually, welcome !!!

Lets us know if you neld help with something !