help!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
So I'm riding along I 90east of 290 south of worcester mass when a damn 4X4 (wood) piece.......6 feet long fallsoff a truck and I nail it. rim is dented tire flat.......unridable......anyone in the area have a non abs front rim? and a truck???

If you can help

Call me at 905-320-6374

Matt

So I'm riding along I 90east of 290 south of worcester mass when a damn 4X4 (wood) piece.......6 feet long fallsoff a truck and I nail it. rim is dented tire flat.......unridable......anyone in the area have a non abs front rim? and a truck???

If you can help

Call me at 905-320-6374

Matt
Ugh,

I am no where near you, I do have a front rim but it IS an ABS rim. If you can use it let me know and I'll get it shipped out to you tonight. You'll need to put your rotors on it and if you do that?

It *might* work?

I tried to call you but it rings forever and ever and ever, no voicemail picked up.

513-549-three-four-seven-four.

-MD

Last edited by a moderator:
You got the FJR assistance list handy? Call some of the locals on that list??
I just spoke with him, got his email addy, and sent a couple of names/numbers from the list that are within a 1/2-hour of where he is.

Thank you for the call Tyler!! i am humbled by the quick assistance. you are the best!!!

I think I have come to the realization that my CFR hopes are dashed........I am looking at renting a van and just going home. The Yamaha dealer here sadi there are NO rims in the U.S.....(5 days from Japan) and they would'nt sell me the one from the 2010 on the floor, and switch the rotors and such (although I'm not sure it would still work, I am just assuming....) It was the end of the day...........:-( at least I'm not running the IBR!!

Perhaps someone could bring my rally jersey back to the GTA area when they return???

Thanks again Tyler!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You got the FJR assistance list handy? Call some of the locals on that list??
I just spoke with him, got his email addy, and sent a couple of names/numbers from the list that are within a 1/2-hour of where he is.

Thank you for the call Tyler!! i am humbled by the quick assistance. you are the best!!!

I think I have come to the realization that my CFR hopes are dashed........I am looking at renting a van and just going home. The Yamaha dealer here sadi there are NO rims in the U.S.....(5 days from Japan) and they would'nt sell me the one from the 2010 on the floor, and switch the rotors and such (although I'm not sure it would still work, I am just assuming....) It was the end of the day...........:-( at least I'm not running the IBR!!

Perhaps someone could bring my rally jersey back to the GTA area when they return???

Thanks again Tyler!!

This seems odd to me. I'm guessing you're dealing with Motorsports International? If so, I haven't heard the best of things. There are a couple of dealers out my way that might be more helpful, let me know if you'd like me to make a few calls in the morning.

I bent (destroyed) a front wheel on my first '05, and Roseville Yamaha (an outstanding dealer) had to have the new one shipped from the east coast IIRC. Guess they don't replace them often enough to maintain a big stock anywhere.

Mattster--miserable shame. Having wrecked on my way to NAFO in '08, I feel your pain.

I bent (destroyed) a front wheel on my first '05, and Roseville Yamaha (an outstanding dealer) had to have the new one shipped from the east coast IIRC. Guess they don't replace them often enough to maintain a big stock anywhere.

Mattster--miserable shame. Having wrecked on my way to NAFO in '08, I feel your pain.
I bent a rear wheel coming home from Wheatie's ride....none in the U.S. and it DID take 4 days to get here.

BTW, a newer wheel (Gen 1) should work on the '03 but you WILL have to change your rotors to the new rim because the rotors are smaller diameter.

Sorry to read this news..... :(

I have a set of Gen I non-abs wheels I was planning to sell when I 'got around to it'.

Let me know if you want or need that front rim or both front and rear either ASAP, or sometime in the near future. Whether you buy mine or not, you definitely want to buy used imho. Will save you BIG bucks. Not to mention mine has bearings and rotors already on them. (rotors you don't need - unless you upgrade to 04/05 forks you'll have to put your smaller (300mm vs. 320mm) rotors on them. They are 'well used' with approximately 110,000 miles on them with lots of little nicks and scratches (from my own tire changing) but are fully functional.