• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

High Way Peg Mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have highway peg mounts avaiable for 2006 and 2007 with motavation sliders or skway sliders contact me at [email protected] Leo
Post some photos.
my guess is they look like this.

DSC_7224.jpg

R
Do you know who makes this set up? I wonder If they will work on an 08?

Those were made for Richard by Ron Sampson.

Hey cota,

Thanks for posting. I was thinking about contacting Irider next month concerning his peg setup.

I have highway peg mounts avaiable for 2006 and 2007 with motavation sliders or skway sliders contact me at [email protected] Leo
Here are a couple of pictures of lrider's peg setup...

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02739.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

DSC02737.jpg
Cota95

Thanks for posting pics. I just emailed lrider about getting a set. When I get them I will have a set of Wild bills peg mounts,painted case color for sale because I recently bought foot shields from fellow forum member so I have to move the pegs.

I hope spring gets here soon because I'm getting farkle-itis. :rolleyes:

Thanks Art

I don't know why you couldn't keep the pegs if you want to install them in the sliders because if the bike did go down the sliders would still serve their intended service only the pegs would be taking the intial blows. The bike looks really nice but I would like to know if having the pegs up where the sliders are isn't that too high for comfort? It looks like its really too high and seems like it would be totally uncomfortable. I am running the Wild Bill pegs and have even installed extensions to kick them farther out and they still cause the inner part of my calves to hit on the plastic. I have to purposely push my knees a little out so they don't hit but I would not eleminate them because of this because they do offer a "much" needed place to put my feet other than the stock location of the pegs. Opinions? PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me if I'm wrong, but looks like you can't have this setup and Skyway's sliders, too.
Pretty bike and nice pictures!
Lrider came to my office to do the measurements on my Skyway sliders to be sure that they fit. Painman, I use the Wild Bill pegs because I think these are a little too high for my 34" inseam legs. Different strokes for different folks.

Hey Hal, or Richard,

How did you get the mount brackets to be in the right position when tightened? I was thinking about some thin washers to use as shims, but am having a hard time sourcing some.

Mine are up higher, on the Motovation brackets, so I just rest my calves on there to straighten the knees. Only put 'em on for long trips, like 1k or better.

I just received my mounts from Leo in record time (ordered Friday and received on Monday). Very nice looking and the fit is perfect for my ebay sourced sliders (he had to customize the mount because my slider holes are not the same diameter as the more common Skyway or Moto sliders). I had been using a piece of tubing inserted in my sliders, but these mounts will be much better because I can fold the peg out of the way when not in use. With the summer heat I find myself resting my legs on the pegs all the time in order to get airflow up my legs.

I just received my mounts from Leo in record time (ordered Friday and received on Monday). Very nice looking and the fit is perfect for my ebay sourced sliders (he had to customize the mount because my slider holes are not the same diameter as the more common Skyway or Moto sliders). I had been using a piece of tubing inserted in my sliders, but these mounts will be much better because I can fold the peg out of the way when not in use. With the summer heat I find myself resting my legs on the pegs all the time in order to get airflow up my legs.

Thank Leo...Peg mount fit great and what relief when on a long trip.....

How is this set up better/worse compared to Wild Bills...? Comfort, leg position, etc...? Trying to decide on which one to go with.