Holy Cow! No more cruisers for me!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I picked up an '06 1300A this past weekend. My other bike is a Roadstar 1700 and woah what a difference an FJR is!

I told a budy "I think this thing's wired into my brain!". You think go and you're gone. You think stop and you're already stopped. You don't even think about steering the damn thing, you just think "go there" and barely shift a butt cheek and you're there.

I'm amazed how much safer I feel on the FJR than any other bike I've had in the past too. It's just so nimble.

Power windshield is AWESOME too!

I've only put 100 miles on it in the last couple days and this weekend will be my 1st long ride to see how I fair comfort/fatigue wise on this bike after a good 4-6 hours. It's never been a problem for me on the Roadstar so I hope the FJR will be the same.
Yep, the FJR is awesome! No argument. But I could show you how to ride that cruiser and surprise people, too ;) I'm gonna have a hard time getting rid of my crusier - it's still fun as hell, and I love sticking with guys in the twisties and getting "the look". Golden.
The "look", huh.....sounds kinda gay. :eek:
ah crap. It does, huh? :unsure:

O.K. I don't know where you get your info...but, I hope you are paying them well. I would. Doesn't matter. Any feej I see on the road I will flip them off. Of course, I will have a smile on my face. The obligatory, "gotta love it, eh?", look.

Well, I picked up an '06 1300A this past weekend. My other bike is a Roadstar 1700 and woah what a difference an FJR is!

I told a budy "I think this thing's wired into my brain!". You think go and you're gone. You think stop and you're already stopped. You don't even think about steering the damn thing, you just think "go there" and barely shift a butt cheek and you're there.

I'm amazed how much safer I feel on the FJR than any other bike I've had in the past too. It's just so nimble.

I've only put 100 miles on it in the last couple days and this weekend will be my 1st long ride to see how I fair comfort/fatigue wise on this bike after a good 4-6 hours. It's never been a problem for me on the Roadstar so I hope the FJR will be the same.
You don't even buy, you just think "MINE" and your $15,000 in debt! :yahoo:
LMFAO :clapping:

After a youth on dirt bikes and an early adulthood on sport bikes, I ended up in my late 30s on a Honda-Davidson (Shadow VT1100C), but a fortune of "safety chrome" later I realized I missed something called practicality, so I sprung for a 2-wheeled BarcaLounger ('98 Gold Wing, still got it, still love it), which eventually gained a sportier stablemate ('99 Honda ST1100), that finally, as of last month, resulted in my desire for an ST that went faster and stopped sooner ('06 FJR).

I say this simply to back up your excellent decision, and to submit my entry for the longest sentence of the week award. (The first one, not this one.) :crazy: Welcome.

Just picked up mine last Friday...couldn't agree with you more. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the best zoo on the net.

OH KNOW THE SECRETS OUT. Now that the secrets out everybody will buy one and the demand will go up. If demand go's up so will PRICE! I was still hoping the majority of the street market would still buy HD and HD "look a-likes". Oh I just remembered price is based primarly on demand not performance. So as long as the majority of the motorcycle market buys on fashion not performance demand and price will not sky- rocket. To me thats a Cake and Eat It situation! But just in case keep it a secret!!
You must have read the latest review of the FJR vs The BMW Gt when the FJ out performed the GT but was considered second because of amminities. "Remember we are comparing bikes not price tags"

:eek: :eek:

;)

If I ever see you I am going to give you the bird. Speed freak.
angle.jpg

Thanks for all the greetz. Looking forward to hanging out here now!

And the comments about slow maneuvers being so much easier are SO dead on...

Last edited by a moderator:

Totally understand your feelings about the FJR....I 've had it for 6 months and the honeymoon continues..

Had two v stars and could not get a comfortable ride.

Boy am I glad I got the FJR. What a difference.

Can ride for hours with no problem.

I put 200 miles on mine the second day I got it, I would have to say that this bike is great. Of course I came from the dirt scene and a few friends bikes here and there so I never had the chance to ride many cruisers. Either way this bike is great.

Yeah, I'm a cruiser guy, or was until I got my fjr. I was determined to keep my boss hoss until I found a bike more fun to ride than that one. I bought a goldwing (primarily for the wife, she ended up hating it), rode it for a measily 3700 miles in 8 months and sold it. Each time I was on it I kept thinking about how I wish I was riding the boss. Bought the FJR and I am now selling my boss hoss. When riding the feej I don't even think about the boss. When coming up on cruisers I don't care, before I wished I was on the boss, now I just ride past them. I thought I wouldn't really find a bike I would want to stick with, I was wrong. This bike is IT! The only reason I think I will get rid for this one is to get a newer one in red, but I have no desire to get rid of this on, as of now. I don't wash, don't clean (I really need to though), just ride. To me cleaning cuts into my riding, if I have time to clean, I have time to lean.

Mike

Richard, welcome from a neighbor in the Ballantyne area. I know just what you mean--I own an E-Glide and the first ride on my 06 FJR was a real eye-opener. Give me a shout of you'd like to take a spin down river rd. towards VanWyck or where ever. Great roads down that way.

Bob in Charlotte [email protected]

I undid one of the throttle cable return springs and did the Barbarian mod the other day. Only got to go for a quick 20 minute ride to test them out but so far it's looking good. Still loving the FJR and my 05 Roadstar is definitely going up for sell... so if you know anyone looking for one let me know!

Having owned 78 bikes over the years, well decades, my '06 FJR is to me as good as I've ever owned. She is simply the almost perfect motorcycle; exception being the stock saddle for me. The bike has proven to be a vast improvement over my '03 FJR which was quite a good bike, as long as air temps were below 70F.

DFO :)

I love my FJR. The spice of life is variety though and I love my HD too, first born and all. Go figure. What, I can't hear you? Oh, welcome. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, pro....you might be a friend of mine. Clean bikes are gay bikes.
Maybe as I ride if I need to stretch and there is a car wash nearby, I may hose the bike down, probably not. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mike