Honda Africa Twin - oh my

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Ok then.. tried sitting a KTM 1190R and waaaay toooo taaallll.

Then Honda does this...

honda-africa-twin-us-price-revealed-99472_1.jpg

This one just might get me to thin the herd in order to somewhat reasonably afford it. The juices are flowing. I better not sit on one. Or test ride one. Thank GAWD there are no Honda dealers locally. Of course I could always ride to Honda dealer and just look.....

"The Honda Africa Twin is the same weight, power, and price of the Suzuki V-Strom 1000, another bike I love. It’s also about 1,000x better off road. The next off road adventure bikes, at least in terms of price, are the Triumph Tiger CX ($12,500), BMW 800 GSA ($13,695), Yamaha Super Tenere ($15,090), KTM 1190 Adventure R ($16,999), and BMW R 1200 GSA ($18,340).

The Honda Africa Twin is better than all of them when it comes to the dirt."

Pricing comes in at $12,999 for the manual and $13,699 for the DCT model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ride to a Honda dealer and just look. Sure...good luck with that.
tonguesmiley.gif

So...the seat height on low setting is exactly the same as the FJR on it's highest setting? Seriously? That's kinda sorta doable for me.

Looking away now. Cannot afford. Not in the plans. Do not want. Do not want.

There is only one thing I don't like about dirt riding......the dirt. If that changes, this might be a good replacement for my S10.

I sat on one at the NYC bike show. It feels like a much smaller machine than it actually is. I like it a lot more than the Super Ten just from sitting on it. It is lighter, lower, has a lower CG and a lower price tag. The only down side is the chain.

This is the DCT:

DSCN1053_zpsunoe4idw.jpg

Good maybe the S10's will get even cheaper! I need all the help I can get if I'm going to make it to Prudhoe. :)

Geezer. You are enabling me. Please stop it.
punk.gif
Honda has a habit of offering new machines at a low price point, then raising the price over the next couple of years, so there's no time like the present to snap one of these up.
coolsmiley02.gif

Also has a chain drive. Hmmm. I think I'd take the 2016 Honda VFR1200X with the V4, tubeless tires, and shaft drive. OK, I'm a sissy. So what? I've grown to become much more practical.
rolleyes.gif

There is only one thing I don't like about dirt riding......the dirt....
You remind me of one of the other riders that was on my New Zealand tour. We were talking at the welcome dinner and I asked if any of the other folks there had any dirt experience and he said, "You mean on purpose?" It was pretty funny.