Horns? Loud Horns!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
I fully agree that the Road-Runner "beep beep" just doesn't get it. So what type (make and/or model) are best to mount on the FJ without it looking too ugly and still achieving that loud sound to warn off evil spirits? And how should I mount these monsters? :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the FJ as that bike hasn't been made in years, but for the FJR....since that's what this board is about.....Magnum Blasters and a relay work wonders. Been talked about many, many times on this forum and easily findable by typing in magnum blaster site:fjrforum.com at Google. They replace the current horns, may require a bit of trimming, but reward you with 130+ decibels of note.

Some of us have recently upgraded the Magnum Blaster horns for the Stebel Nautilus... it makes a fair amount of loudness come into existence... Might be tougher on a Gen II bike.

Nautilus Pictures...

thats the one I used and there are a couple of ways of installing them without too much of a problem.

The easy way to do this is with the Stebel Magnum horns about $40. They mount where the stock ones go and they are LOUD!!! 136dB. War child has a great post on doing this on FJRTech. :dribble:

Mine work great and people take notice when I hit the horn. That's the result I wanted! :yahoo:

The easy way to do this is with the Stebel Magnum horns about $40. They mount where the stock ones go and they are LOUD!!! 136dB. War child has a great post on doing this on FJRTech. :dribble:
Mine work great and people take notice when I hit the horn. That's the result I wanted! :yahoo:
Where did you get the Stebel magnums?

Got mine at Advance Auto Parts.

Roy -

I got them on ebay auction from "safemoto". A.K.A. Motorcycle Safety Store they are currently BIN $29.95 + $7.95 Shipping. After CA sales tax and shipping insurance it was $40 and change. They are chrome, but oh well. I got the chrome ones too, although I wanted black but for the price etc, good nuff!

Good luck!

Magnum Baster's have saved me countless times from the single biggest road hazzard there is...

...an Explorer/Avalanch/Escalade-drivin' soccer-mom gabbering on a cell phone whilst yelling at the kids, fixing her makeup, and lane-changing.

No kidding...I'd be dead now if it wasn't for the MB's ear-splitting 130dB howl!!!

Can the blasters be installed without the relay as warchild's instructions show? Just curious, I have two of the "big rig" ones and will be installing them on the FJR tonight.

Can the blasters be installed without the relay as warchild's instructions show? Just curious, I have two of the "big rig" ones and will be installing them on the FJR tonight.
You need at least one relay for the horn itself. Unless you hook up the stock horn wires to the new horns, which is a rather silly thing to do as the current draw is much higher and could create a nasty melt down of the wires.

Having a relay for it being hot all the time or switched is up to you. I have mine switched, I highly recommend that.

Good luck. ;)

Got them installed tonight. They are loud, especially in the garage!!!!! They should get the blue hair's attention here.

They're just as loud on the open road, believe me. :yahoo:

When I blast those babies and the cage not paying proper attention then wakes up in a jolt, fumbles the steering wheel around, looks for the freight train and finally avoids me..... Whooow! It's a great feeling. Sometimes I'm afraid they'll crash in their over correction to the offending lane change they are doing. :dribble:

Ride safe!

Best prices anywhere on all Stebel horns is www.hornsplusauto.com. A pair of Magnums is only $18.95 plus shipping.

Compact Nautilus is $39.95.