Hotel's for Indy motogp 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar8000

Reaction score
Any recomedations on the hotels close by that are under 100 a night, or maybe someone has an empty condo house for rent? Please speak up.

Thank you.

I have not made hotel plans yet.

Randy posted this link.

My wife & I plan on staying Friday & Saturday night, just not sure where yet?

What, no one leaves in INDY? Come one guys speak up. I need 411 on

Americas Best inn

4585 S. Hardin st

and

Americas best Value inn

3401 S. Keystone Ave

According to some reviews the first one is a dump and a truck stop which prevents any sleep at night. Is it true? What about the second one?

There are tons of hotels.

Anything downtown is way over priced. Just stay away from anything within 3 miles of downtown.

Anything in Speedway will be overpriced for that date too.

The track is just northeast of the airport, there are options there, but that is not my recommended locale.

465 is the loop around the city

NW side off 465 will only be 7-10 miles of highway from the track. (around 86th st)

Several hotels there.

On I-65, south of 465 there are hotels around Southport (exit103), Greenwood (exit 99).

There is some decent newer mid-level stuff around there.

I'm working on angle to get an express bus into the track.

(there are dedicated nonstop bus lanes into the track)

It would probably depart from Fishers in the far NE corner of the city.

It left from Holiday Inn Fishers for the F-1 race this year.

Probably won't have anything firm till next year though...

If you stay on the NE side of town, I will be sure to be hosting something including barbeque and beer.

Lots of hotels around I-69 north of 465 (82nd st, 96th st)

This is the opposite side of town, but most likely to offer deals for that date.

It's 2 minutes from my house.

Another good option may be the intersection of 465 and I-70 on the east side.

There is a gaggle of rooms around 21st and Shadeland.

That might be just far enough away to avoid high prices.

It is about 15 miles from the track by I-70.

Staying to the south of Indy has big advantages if your on a bike.

The only good FJR roads are in the direction of Nashville, Indiana.

I'll happy to share 5 years of research of top spots for riding.

But, everything is at least 30 minutes south of the Speedway.

PM me if you want any guidance about a specific hotel or location.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I haven't yet ordered tickets, I have the proverbial cart before the horse.

I'm scheduled to be staying at the Homewood Suites Northwest (4140 W94th St). 12.6 miles to the track per Mapquest.

I got a rate of $179/night.

A few things to be on the lookout for:

Some of the hotels in the area are prepay. I tried to call the Hampton Inn NW to make a reservation and they wanted me to pay now. No thanks.

Find out the cancellation policy. The Hampton Inn had a 60 day cancellation notice. Homewood Suites is 24 hrs.

Something else to keep in mind:

If you're going to be there for Friday qualifying, rather than coming all the way into Indy Thursday night, you may want to consider staying a little further out of town to take advantage of the less expensive hotels and then stay closer to the track Fri and Sat night. If they keep the typical schedule, the day will start of with 125, then MotoGP, then 250 with 125 starting around 9 am.

I have rooms bought and paid for at the days inn off of 465. Nonrefundable. This means I'm going to go come hell or high water. :yahoo:

Have the tickets but no room yet.

Track suggested looking via www.indy.org. Haven't checked it out yet.

My Son and I will be in the tent next to the other tents in quicksilvers yard ! What a country, no ?Bobby
Backyard is a 1/4 acre and there is a guest 1/2 bathroom. 2 car garage for bikes...

Fire pit for marshmellows.

A shower is likely to cost some alcohol or food though. :D

I have a tent, if someone wants to use it. (nice time of year for it)

Say please, and the couch and den floor are still open.

Spare bedroom already has dibbs. :)

I'm def riding out for this event and did some research on it last night.

Do you think the General Admin tickets will be decent for viewing the race? Or should I buy the reserved seating...and if I get reserved seating does anyone know some good areas to view the race from?

Just in case none of you GP fans have heard. There will be a Grand National Mile Flat Track Race at the Indiana State Fairgrounds on Sat night before the GP. I personally could care less about the GP, but I sure won't miss the RETURN OF THE INDY MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long straights with speeds topping the135mph mark at the end of the straights only to have to throw them 325# rockets sideways into very narrow corners. Oh ,by the way ,that's the scene of the crime of one of my spectacular get offs while racing a XR750 in the mid eighties. complete with burning bike and a full coverage Bell helmet with the chin bar broke completely off.AND HE WALKED AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

I was glad to see it back on the AMA racing schedule. I will be going to the GP so this is just a bonus.

Lost my notes on preceise prices but we've got 10 people staying in 3 rooms @ the Airport Days Inn, Fri-Sun night for $65 a head, per night. Looking forward to possibly seeing Ben Spies run a wildcard ride for Suzuki in Indy. The Pedrosa/Hayden spat should be up to full swing by then, and the Umbrella Girls?! Mmmm, mmm, good!

What're the interesting night life spots to hit in Indy? Bars to not miss? Pole dancing? Where will the teams be on Sunday night?

Lost my notes on preceise prices but we've got 10 people staying in 3 rooms @ the Airport Days Inn, Fri-Sun night for $65 a head, per night. Looking forward to possibly seeing Ben Spies run a wildcard ride for Suzuki in Indy. The Pedrosa/Hayden spat should be up to full swing by then, and the Umbrella Girls?! Mmmm, mmm, good!
What're the interesting night life spots to hit in Indy? Bars to not miss? Pole dancing? Where will the teams be on Sunday night?

Watch out for the Packin Pacer's link :lol:

Watch out for the Packin Pacer's link :lol:

Holy canoli. Ten of 'em?! dynamite...Thanks fur da linky...

Long live Woody!

I'm working on angle to get an express bus into the track. (there are dedicated nonstop bus lanes into the track)

Anything on this yet Brent?

I still have not made hotel plans.

Made resos today for a Hilton Garden Inn. Double plus pull out suite for $149. Nice thing is can cancel up to 6pm the day before. They say they're about 20 to 30 mins from the track. Not sure what we're going to do for transportation yet...I hate to think of having to taxi it every day.....

I'm working on angle to get an express bus into the track. (there are dedicated nonstop bus lanes into the track)

I see Fisher isn't too far from Carmel, where we're staying.... hint hint hint