How Many Miles Did You Ride In 2019?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Carver almost had it right, but as usual, it was all about him....   Here's a thread for everyone.  Except Tony.  That crazy bastard from Florida don't count!

So how many miles did you ride in 2019?  How many FJR miles?  How many other?

Though not as many miles in 2019 as in my glory days 10 years ago, it was better than most of the past years in recent history.

My total FJR miles in 2019:  35,230.  Most on my 04 FJR, and about 10k on my 09 FJR.  I rode 1,389 miles on my BMW GSA for a grand total of 36,619 moto miles.

How about you?

Last season might have been my worst in 15 years.  Maybe 15,000 miles or so on the FJR.  One trip as far as Winnipeg to visit family, a few riding/camping weekends in New England, a couple trips to Nova Scotia and a bit of local riding. 

Retirement comes next May and I am hoping that means I will have more opportunity (but less money) to put in a few more in the coming year.

About 11, 500 for Pants, all FJR of course.  All upright, I might add, which is definitely a good thing.  And most of those miles with at least one friend.

A little light compared to other years, but I still had a lot of fun.

9,142 miles for me... not to shabby considering I bought the FJR in April last year. I feel I haven't ridden hardly at all.

Yes I realized... FJRfarrier and I have had many discussions about this. Our riding seasons are almost swapped. I take off the summer because the heat and humidity is miserable and she the winter because of the cold and snow.

I'm ashamed to admit I put less than 10k on the wing and Maybe 200 on the garage queen FJR.

If I could calculate all the trips around the shop working on Carver projects ,it would up the total a fair bit. This year should see the end of that until He buys more stuff.😁

Total miles 18,367. Breakdown like this:

2007 FJR 11,388 before its untimely demise at EOM  JD Smith added about another 1100 finishing the IBR on this bike.

2006 FJR 1150 give or take, coworkers bike who was recovering from surgery and asked me to use it so it wasn't sitting all season. I did a coolant flush and brake fluid flush while I had it.

2014 FJR replacement for the wrecked '07, 5,772 miles since September 27.

1995 Buell S2 Thunderbolt 152 miles riding it to work until I bought the 2014 FJR

1977 Honda CB400F Supersport 55 miles back and forth to 2 shows. 

Not my best year but not awful.

Geez, my mileage total really sucked for 2019 compared to most of you guys.

YZF-600R - 5969 miles

FJR-1300 - 1804 miles

R1100RT - 800 miles (parked from January to December because the Ohlins needed a rebuild and I was too lazy to get around to it)

That's a sad total of 8573 miles...my lowest mileage year since I started keeping track in 2006. I did a four-day ride in the spring on the YZF, but no fall trip. I spent WAY too much time travelling to and from from Texas working on that other project. That project is really fun for me, but it sure does cut into my riding time! I've got a block of days off next week. I'm thinking ROAD TRIP! As long as the wife has no objections, of course.

Did a little better than I anticipated. Three weeks to/from Alaska and the year end RTE in Cali helped a bunch.

• FJR - 7237
  • Tenere - 8684

Total: 15921

Not too shabby for a working stiff!!

~G

sigh..... 18000 miles on FJR. 1500 miles on WR250 . 500 miles on ATV . Far too many in my tow truck.