How To Shorten Xm Or Sirius Antenna Lead

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that freakin post up for the XM antenna pisses me off. I broke an antenna wire long time back and asked if it could be repaired. I was told that the antenna cable was made of some super secret intergalactic alien technology that could not be duplicated, replicated or transmogrified. So I bought a new car kit. Bastards. Simple shielded fuckin line.

Oh well, my antenna was so old, it had TWO loose wires instead of one cable. At least I now only have 1 wire that is about 1000 feet too long.

I'm not cutting mine unless it breaks (again).

Bloody bastards.

I was looking for an extra antenna for my Roadie2 but they are not in stores....You have to buy direct from XM. I wanted an extra one for the FJR (I was thinking of permanantly mounting it on the rear of the small rack and doing a sleath running of the cable. I would pop my radio on/off as required on a handle bar ram mount to the left mirror hole.

Vulcan, look on Ebay, there are loads of them for sale seperately.

I was looking for an extra antenna for my Roadie2 but they are not in stores....You have to buy direct from XM. I wanted an extra one for the FJR (I was thinking of permanantly mounting it on the rear of the small rack and doing a sleath running of the cable. I would pop my radio on/off as required on a handle bar ram mount to the left mirror hole.
@vulcan,

Check this site out - oodles of antennas for the Roady2. They'll even sell you one that's color matched to your cage's factory paint. Haven't check for motorcycle paint, but how hard can that be?

RickL

Holy crap.....$25 just for the antenna. I only paid just over a $100 for the entire Roadie 2 kit.

Holy crap.....$25 just for the antenna. I only paid just over a $100 for the entire Roadie 2 kit.
I just bought the Roady2 kit at Best Buy for 47.00. They are really dropping prices.

Todd

The XMFanStore has a short (2') antenna for special installs if you aren't comfortable cutting and soldering, or if you plan to use the other antenna for your car.

Roady2 Shorty Antenna

Wow, you guys have the wrong radios, you need to get Sirius. I have an XM and took it back and got Sirius. Here in Ohio, Sirius works much better on a bike than XM. But in the end, tunes are tunes :haha:

#1 reason XM is better than Sirius... howard :puke: :puke: stern :puke: :puke: will be on Sirius!

Besides I got my first XM before Sirius was out.

The XMFanStore has a short (2') antenna for special installs if you aren't comfortable cutting and soldering, or if you plan to use the other antenna for your car.
Roady2 Shorty Antenna
There are $35 there....total ripoff. I might just buy another Roadie2 Kit for $47 at bestbuy and use the the antenna....Save the rest of the items as spares.

There are $35 there....total ripoff. I might just buy another Roadie2 Kit for $47 at bestbuy and use the the antenna....Save the rest of the items as spares.
That's what I was thinking. Getting another Roady2 with the antenna for 12 bucks more than just the antenna sounds like the way to go for me.

Todd

Wow, you guys have the wrong radios, you need to get Sirius. I have an XM and took it back and got Sirius. Here in Ohio, Sirius works much better on a bike than XM. But in the end, tunes are tunes :haha:
Preach it bro!

Blues

The Vault

Raw Dog Comedy

I could use a nice, 3' antenna cable for my tank bag setup.

The plug on my Roady's antenna was worn out / damaged so I hacked it off and took apart the Roady and soldered it directly to the trace and properly grounded the shielding on the circuit board also. Works great. I then velcroed the little antenna to the top of the Roady, so its an all in one unit now - only about 6" of wire from the Roady to the antenna. You need a T6 torx driver to take apart a Roady...standard disclaimer - dont do this unless you know what the heck you're doing.

Last edited by a moderator: