How's this for a deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topsyt

Reaction score
I've been looking for about 2 months now at Concours 14 and FJR. I finally found an FJR that interests me, how would you rate this deal?

2008 FJR

3,800 miles

Slip-on exhaust

PC III

YES warranty

Private seller, which means no sales tax for me

$9,600

I've been looking for about 2 months now at Concours 14 and FJR. I finally found an FJR that interests me, how would you rate this deal?
2008 FJR

3,800 miles

Slip-on exhaust

PC III

YES warranty

Private seller, which means no sales tax for me

$9,600
That bike has hardly been broken in! Jump on it! :yahoo:

Yes, its a fair price, local, and it's what you want. You'd be hard pressed to find much better. Go for it!

Hold on now.......... you might find a better deal!!!!..... now what is the sellers contact

info......... :eek: :D :D

B.......

Major problem, seller does not have title. He lives quite a distance away, so we were going to meet half way. I don't see any way to work it now without going all the way there, I probably won't do that.

If the seller doesn't have a title I suspect his bank does. If that's true, you need to go with him to the bank. The upside is the deal would be clean. He can't legally sell without title anyway.

The other upside is you get a nice ride.

For that kind of money I would be tempted to buy a spare!

My first thought was, stop talkin' and get it!

Then I read this. That puts the skids on things especially if the seller owes more then that. I've run into people selling bikes for less then they owe, they think the debt magically goes away or something. Bummer.

Major problem, seller does not have title. He lives quite a distance away, so we were going to meet half way. I don't see any way to work it now without going all the way there, I probably won't do that.

Last edited by a moderator: