I can't believe I did that

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seventyss

Reaction score
Well so much for spending less. I will have to get a lot of audio pleasure to justify spending $945 :rolleyes: Something must have put me in a big spender trance

. Hope that I like the look of the black on the black 2009. Have a PC V and Power Commander has only the 2 brothers map. Any advice from other hexacone user would be appreciated.

I have no advice but they are the nicest looking pipes I have seen. They are on my wish list for next year since I spent a boat load of cash this winter. Can you post what you did after everything is said and done? Some pics would be nice also.

You got me looking at my credit card again. Wife is going to kill me.........

Look nice, but I worrying about road drone at speed. It seems so fun for a while, but on long day rides I find it gets old. I am waiting on another forum member's write up on the new Vance and Hines pipes, which I like more than these - although these are real pretty! :p

OK, this is probably not saying much but here goes. Unless you have the luxury of having a certified dyno tech like I don't, I just used the map for the TB aftermarket exhaust map on my PC III. It's my understanding if you only go with slip-ons you can get away with not having to change anything electronically or induction-wise. I, too, have the Hexacones on my '08 due to Pickles' excellent write-up and Youtube videos. After reviewing the aforementioned, I would have bought any bridge he had for sale. :) My bike runs smoother and no more hurky-jerky lurching at low RPMs. I went back and forth for two years before getting a PC. I do not regret it at all.

It has been clearly demonstrated that there is very little performance increase by fitting aftermarket exhausts, whether slips or full systems. The OE system for the FJR is a very good system albeit quiet for some riders. Fit different exhausts by all means for cosmetic and acoustic pleasure.

Agreed regarding performance. Slip-ons provide little improvement. I just ordered up the Vance & Hines CS Ones in ceramic black for mine. Mostly because I think they look cool and I wouldn't mind a little more growl. We'll see how they work out. Not sure I will do anything regarding a power commander. I have a stock intake and the cats are still in the cross-over. I'll have to see how it runs.

Latest posts