I just drank the Russell koolaid!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottyfizz

Reaction score
Just got my seat back and took it for a quick spin. I cannot believe how much better it is from the stocker. The only thing I think I need to get used to is that I sit up a little higher and cannot flat foot at a stop sign. I am a dumbass for not getting this done last year. Hope the wife likes her perch.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

about how long does it take? am thinking of getting one. i live close by so i could plan accordingly.

not gona happen for sometime after summer (unless someone wants to donate to the cause) but it would be nice to know how long it takes

Last edited by a moderator:
During their annual Group Buy (in the "winter off season"), my turn around was about 10 days.

Glad to hear you like the new saddle; I've got one on order that looks very similar to yours. My stock seat will go to those folks in late-July and be back in time for a late summer ride to southern UT and NM. Can't wait....my butt will be grateful, I know! Should have done this several years ago.

Enjoy!

Curt

You are going to love this seat!

About the flat-footing it at stops - I was a bit uncomfortable with this at first, but have got into the habit of shifting the butt forward and over a bit at stops while putting the leg out and it is no bother at all.

I have done a few 10+ hour days with no butt cramps... :yahoo:

Looks great ! my wife LOVES IT we do however use a stocker for anything under 75 or so miles, but anything over that and its russel heaven!

Ray

I just returned from a little shakedown cruise on my new Russell and I'm a believer!! My wife loves hers as well. We rode from St. Louis to Zion and back and there is no way I would have done that on a stock seat. Best single thing I've done to the bike!!

Just a quick update. I've put on about 1000 miles on this seat. Best farkle money I've ever spent. My wife still uses the Airhawk on the seat. But at least she isn't bitchin anymore.

Just a quick update. I've put on about 1000 miles on this seat. Best farkle money I've ever spent. My wife still uses the Airhawk on the seat. But at least she isn't bitchin anymore.
Yep. Russell also saved my marriage! :D
And I thought I was the only one with a crabby Patty riding partner. lol To be honest. We rode to Winona Minnesota this last weekend from Davenport Ia and she actually didn't piss and moan once. It was her first overnight ride and she was a trooper. Packed a little too much ,but a trooper all the same.

Latest posts