If there was one album, to make everyone here listen to, what would it be?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad someone touched on Motown. Being born and raised in the Bronx. That pretty much was the soundtrack of my life. I still have just about all of it on CD. :))

Bunch o' old white guys remembering, the best they can, their youth?
flirt.gif

Anna one and twoo and ahh threeeee, turn on the bubble machine!

No Sinatra?

Quicksilver Messenger Service?

Andy Rooney?

Shatner?

Can't limit it to just one......

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True

AC/DC - Highway To Hell

Montrose - Montrose

U2 Joshua Tree

Aerosmith - Dream On, Toys In The Attic, Rocks

Styx - Equinox

Like others, I could go on. Many great albums mentioned earlier. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...you guys are so old & white its not even funny! LMAO.

I grew up in the 80's and yes grew up on big hair 80's bands in High School especially (Def Leppard, Poison, Metallica...etc), but I also listened to Soul / R&B (Al B. Sure, New Edition, Keith Sweat...etc.)

But I prefer more modern rock since all the music from the 70's, 80's and now 90's has been played 19.7 billion times on the radio & my ears will start to bleed if I hear them one more time.

My current bands are....

• Pappa Roach
  • Thousand Foot Krutch
  • Red
  • Chevelle
  • Tremonti
  • Alter Bridge
  • Three Days Grace
  • Tool
  • Joe Bonamassa (Blues)

I know I'm on a island on this forum in my musical tastes.

Bunch o' old white guys remembering, the best they can, their youth?
flirt.gif
Anna one and twoo and ahh threeeee, turn on the bubble machine!

No Sinatra?

Quicksilver Messenger Service?

Andy Rooney?

Shatner?
https://www.montemills.com Don we send you to school and you burn the books, then you eat the Teacher. Where is Monte Mills and the Lucky Horseshoe Band on your list? jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Yeah, old and white it is.

I remember in the 60s when my Dad liked playing his old Spike Jones and Glen Miller Band LPs. That music was so not hep...I mean, the music was almost 20 years old! The times, they are a changin'.

My Dad passed away this September, and as a great trumpet player, he graduated to the great trumpet playin' band in the sky...

I grew up in the 80's and yes grew up on big hair 80's bands in High School especially (Def Leppard, Poison, Metallica...etc), but I also listened to Soul / R&B (Al B. Sure, New Edition, Keith Sweat...etc.)

But I prefer more modern rock since all the music from the 70's, 80's and now 90's has been played 19.7 billion times on the radio & my ears will start to bleed if I hear them one more time.

My current bands are....

• Pappa Roach
  • Thousand Foot Krutch
  • Red
  • Chevelle
  • Tremonti
  • Alter Bridge
  • Three Days Grace
  • Tool
  • Joe Bonamassa (Blues)

Don't forget: Cold, 32 Leaves, Dark New Day, Earshot, Evans Blue, and A Perfect Circle to name a few. That island might not be as small as you might think.

GR, if you're on an Island, I'm a French Model.

Paparoach, Chevelle and Three Days Grace rock. Don't forget Linkin Park, Ministry, Fort Minor, Sevendust, Five Finger Death Punch, Insane Clown Posse, Disturbed...

Hell, I'll listen to almost any of it. Some stuff is just downright stupid though. I have my limits.

Shit...I really like Nickleback and they constantly get ragged on.

Great suggestions and I've got most of them on my Spotify playlists. Don't think I missed it - nobody mentioned Jimi Hendrix. "All Along the Watchtower" from Electric Ladyland still amazes me. Bob Dylan said it was no longer his song after he heard Hendrix' version. Rock music had a great run but IMO the creativity fizzled somewhere along the 90's. I keep looking and there are current good bits and pieces but little that sustains or is more than a shadow of what has already been done. Of course, anybody younger than me will say I'm full of crap and that's a good thing. Every generation needs their own music.

My current bands are....

• Pappa Roach
  • Thousand Foot Krutch
  • Red
  • Chevelle
  • Tremonti
  • Alter Bridge
  • Three Days Grace
  • Tool
  • Joe Bonamassa (Blues)
Don't forget: Cold, 32 Leaves, Dark New Day, Earshot, Evans Blue, and A Perfect Circle to name a few. That island might not be as small as you might think.

GR, if you're on an Island, I'm a French Model.
Paparoach, Chevelle and Three Days Grace rock. Don't forget Linkin Park, Ministry, Fort Minor, Sevendust, Five Finger Death Punch, Insane Clown Posse, Disturbed...

Hell, I'll listen to almost any of it. Some stuff is just downright stupid though. I have my limits.

Shit...I really like Nickleback and they constantly get ragged on.
Yay!...I got at least 2 music friends on the forum!!!!
punk.gif

I will say when I'm not in the mood for "my type" of rock music I've been branching out to some blues. Been on a Joe Bonamassa kick lately. Me & wife are seeing him in concert next weekend. He's really freaking talented and is only 35yrs old and has been playing since he was 8yr old!

So my official "must listen to music album" is out of the norm for me but I think lots of guys on this forum would like him.

JOE BONAMASSA - ACOUSTIC LIVE FROM VIENNA

Here' is just one song from that concert "Slow Train".