If You Are Comparing Insurance Companies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I have Progressive, full coverage. I've posted previously about my positive experience with these folks as a result of a rock hit two or three months back, but this time deserves its own topic, especially as they'd just paid me a generous payment on the first incident.

I wrecked the FJR on my way to NAFO, dammit. No excuses, pilot error all the way. Just not watching the road right in front of the bike, looking ahead to see where I'd be coming back onto the highway, missed a curve. And I told it just as it happened when I talked to their rep. Everybody I talked to was very helpful and responsive. They had their adjustor meet me at the (only) local Yamaha shop in Helena, MT. He took pictures and left, and I proceeded to Golden in a rental car.

I had a call within two days with preliminary information, and notification within another week that they'd determined it was "totaled." The agent told me the book price on my bike and offered that, plus the California sales tax (no sales tax in Montana), plus the limit of $1,000 for upgraded after-market parts. I couldn't argue; they were offering me a profit over what I had in the bike! I knew I got a good deal when I bought the bike, but I was still damn amazed. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So today, off went the paperwork, and they'll send me the check on receipt of that. I'll say it again (though for the full coverage I carried I'm convinced my cost was competitive with what I could have gotten anywhere), PRICE ISN'T EVERYTHING when you're buying insurance. I'm giving Progressive INFINITE stars on this. They took care of me, and big time!

I agree, they've been good to us. Even have our rates dropping yearly instead of increasing.

:yahoo:

Thanks for the report, That is reassuring since I have Progressive as well.

JW

Years ago, I had Progressive on another bike when I wadded it up. (Pilot error for me too...)

They were very good to me, fast and no problems at all. They paid the dealer's original estimate, plus towing and storage because the crash was far from home, plus more when the dealer found more damage while working on it. Probably would have totaled the bike if the full amount had been known at the start. No complaints there.

Then at renewal time they wanted a substantially higher premium. No knock on them, that's their prerogative. I shopped around and found a much better rate even with the crash on my record. So far I haven't had to find out if the new company has good customer service.

Unfortunately, I have had two claims with Progressive and I was EXTREMELY satisfied with their service and resolution.

After the first, my rates actually went DOWN the next renewal period. Well, after the second, they did go back up. But not as much as moving the 70 miles from Casa Grande, AZ to Scottsdale, AZ. That made my rate DOUBLE!!!!

Yep, Progressive may be a bit spendier, but the service is tops. After my get-off last year the claims adjuster wrote me a check on the spot. We forgot about the damaged helmet, so I called him and had the check for a new helmet the next day. Never a question.