I'm done with FJRForum mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am averse to drama. Nothing worse than grown men needing their ego stroked or playing internet tough guy hiding behind a keyboard. Both drive me insane.
This is my third motorcycle forum for three different bikes over the past 7yrs. Ultimately motorcycle forums are all the same. There is a loud & obnoxious small group of "regulars" that seemingly never actually ride their motorcycles but yet have hard core opinions about everything and post incessantly and feel the need to be heard at all costs. There are others that just want to fit in somewhere in life and find forums as a place to do so to gain acceptance. There is usually a good cop / bad cop Admin. dynamic and the bad cop always wins out and loves flaunting his unilateral authority no matter how trivial the matter is.

Wherever in life there is a group of humans...there will always be problems. Its unavoidable. Way too many opinions, perspectives, ego's, agenda's and personality conflicts. It's no different on forums.

I'm a big picture type guy. I don't like get mired down in the insignificant details. I ride motorcycles because they are FUN! That' it! If we can't have fun here, there really is no point to it then.

Lastly...all companies, organizations & groups take on the personality of it's leaders or those in charge. A football team's head coach determines the atmosphere of his locker room. It can either be laid back & fun with some basic principles or rules that are easy to follow or it can be rigid, stressful and completely miserable if the coach rides his players too hard and always has a bur up his ass about everything. Same with how parents decide to set the tone for their home or for how forum Admins decide to interact and deal with it's forum members.

My enjoyment comes from riding...not posting on forums. If there were no forums I could care less. But as long as they are here and can be fun, fair and with a good atmosphere I'll participate and hopefully bring something of value to them. But I could take them or leave them.

And if this whole thread is just some April Fools joke...wow...and talk about opening up a can worms that's been simmering under the surface of this forum for a looooooong time!
uhoh.gif

You left out an entire category of forum poster: You know, the ones who post to complain about everyone else?
wink.png

By the way, this has all been fully documented for posterity in the Flame Warriors Guide.

Now, couldn't you have just searched for that yourself?

peepwall.gif

Just kidding about the search!! But what do you expect from an accused member of the "loud & obnoxious forum "regulars" that seemingly never actually ride their motorcycles but yet have hard core opinions about everything and post incessantly and feel the need to be heard at all costs"?

Last edited by a moderator:
...Ultimately motorcycle forums are all the same. There is a loud & obnoxious small group of "regulars" that seemingly never actually ride their motorcycles but yet have hard core opinions about everything and post incessantly and feel the need to be heard at all costs. There are others that just want to fit in somewhere in life and find forums as a place to do so to gain acceptance...
Ouch, I'm a high post count regular but I don't like fitting any of those groups. This week my lawn is beginning to emerge from the snow so there is some hope that I may 'actually ride my motorcycle' and get out of that group.
Damn... I felt the same slap Alan.

But I don't have a motorcycle to ride right now. Guess I'd best start getting obnoxious.

+1 Fred... I got in just after yer post.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! I'm watching a slow miserable, painful death of the FJRForum over the last several months.
I have belonged to several motorcycle forums over the last several years and none of them hold my attention because they don't offer the combination of information, entertainment, and great characters that this one has offered. If all I need is information about my bike or how to do something I can Google it. I don't need this forum if it doesn't offer a good time and camaraderie to go along with the great information. I'm afraid the information will also dry up to some extent as people won't feel as connected as they have in the past and be driven to share.

I sure wish we could figure out how to get this train back on the tracks because following two parallel forums with nearly the same information is a pain in the ass and a waste of time.
Where do most of you think that "wealth of information came from? Most of it came from guys that got fed up with the BS and favoritism demonstrated by Dale and Ignacio. I haven't been here in quite some time as I prefer my FRIENDS at FJRIDERS. We have the tech know how as well. If we don't know it, we will figure it out over a beer, not with a lash at our back

See you on the road Mark!