I'm going out tomorrow 6/8/16 - join me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samamoto

Reaction score
I need to recover a day off from work and it seems like tomorrow, Wednesday 6/8 is going to be a perfect one to do so. It should be warm but not hot, dry but not sunny. I'm planning to make one of the two loops, not sure yet which, I have no preference. Leaving pretty early in the morning (7-ish). Please let me know if anybody would like to join me or if you are aware of any conditions that would prevent me from doing one.

Option 1 (~395 miles):

14263415.png

Option 2 (360 miles, if extended to Yakima ~ 400):

14263515.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Either route looks like fun. I am in Wenatchee and would join you on option #1 if I could, but I made a commitment to go hiking tomorrow.

If you do the southern loop, I'd be happy to meet you in Maple Valley at the Starbucks near where 169 and 18 meet, say around 7:45.

-Paul

Happy to hear people are getting out and setting up group rides like this :)

I wish I could join, have fun and enjoy :)

So we met with Paul and Dave at said Starbucks and went down through Chinook pass to Naches. Road was nice, a little bit of snow around the road at the pass, weather cooperating, traffic almost none, all went smooth. Even too smooth since we arrived to half way point about 10:10 a.m.
weirdsmiley.gif
After filled the tanks and talked a bit Paul and Dave decided to hit the rest of the Rainier loop and I decided to try to go North Cascades. So I went, Yakima, Ellensburg, Blewett Pass, Wenatchee, Pateros, Winthrop, Darrington and back home. My butt sores but that was one hell of a ride. Canyon road in Yakima canyon was a blast - no traffic, few rocks in 2 spots and endless, fast twists of road with very good pavement. Blewett had a bit more traffic and some road work in north part. Ice cream in Withrop fabulous as always. Highway 20 great with very little traffic but very windy by Diablo lake. Overall 570 miles of fun and great views.

20160608_091553.jpg

20160608_160505.jpg

20160608_160809.jpg

Well, we were supposed to do the rest of the Rainer loop, but Dave let me lead on the Highway 12 leg, and I blew right by the sign for Cayuse, oops! Well, we rolled over to Highway 7, then Dave picked through some back roads that were really fun and still pretty empty.

I noticed through the twisty roads that the back end of the bike really wanted to pop up on me between turns or over bumps, and sure enough, when I stopped for lunch, the rebound adjuster on my Penske had backed itself all the way out. When I went to reset it, no detentes are present. Looks like an appointment with G is in the works!

Thanks again for the invite!

-Paul

Yakima canyon ranks on my top 10 roads to ride. Just so long as the sheriff is not patrolling. 45 mph speed limit? Seriously?

Obviously an awesome day for a ride.

I sure do miss it up there at times.

Which I will be up there (Seattle) Wednesday - Sunday.

No riding though.

Thanks for posting the pics!

This sounds like an awesome day of riding and spinning some miles up on the scoot. Yakima Valley hwy is great but the last two times I have been on there it has been heavily patrolled. I rolled through on a Sunday late morning and there were 4 cops from Yakima until the end. Yikes!! It's a very long and slooooow ride at the posted 45 mph. It was just not worth risking a ticket and as it turns out...... I'm glad I made that determination early on the road that day!