Installing power sockets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat and versatile instal there.
And I have to compliment you (if you don't mind) on the actual video. Nice work.
Was also good to have a bit of a look under the panels as I haven't had time to really get to know the gizzards of the FJR yet.

My own requirements are quite different to yours, in that I need very readily accessible outlets for various cameras I have, gyro devices, and a dedicated sound recorder - not to mention phone, GPS and other stuff. My stuff all needs to be easily removable and relocatable on the bike, so my chosen power solution, this time, is removable power banks. This will also allow all gear to be easily and quite quickly detached and used away from the bike as required, from time to time.

Cheers and thanks again for posting the video.

Great work, Keith.
4AM here and I have to get off to work, but checked the start of the vid. Looking forward to watching properly tonight.
Thanks for putting it up. :)
You bet. I have used these things on 3 other bikes, both Yamaha and Hondas. Depending on how much of the plastic you feel like removing, it can be a bit of a challenge, but I chose to route cables and tuck them up under the gas tank. Let me know if you have any questions.

Neat and versatile instal there.
And I have to compliment you (if you don't mind) on the actual video. Nice work.
Was also good to have a bit of a look under the panels as I haven't had time to really get to know the gizzards of the FJR yet.

My own requirements are quite different to yours, in that I need very readily accessible outlets for various cameras I have, gyro devices, and a dedicated sound recorder - not to mention phone, GPS and other stuff. My stuff all needs to be easily removable and relocatable on the bike, so my chosen power solution, this time, is removable power banks. This will also allow all gear to be easily and quite quickly detached and used away from the bike as required, from time to time.

Cheers and thanks again for posting the video.
All my stuff can be easily removed as well. The Garmin unplugs to go in my top box as well as the radar detector. It is attached with some heavy-duty 3M velcro on top of my right brake fluid reservoir. Lights do stay attached however to the front forks! My Sirius/XM receiver goes in my (also quick release) tank bag and can be unplugged as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5772.jpg
    IMG_5772.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0