Insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is another piece of my commuter puzzle.
thanks

d
I only know because I just bought my FJR. Liability only is $64/year and full comprehensive is $208/year. I'm w/ West Bend Mutual. I'm thinking that plastic is expensive so I may go ahead and step up to full coverage for a year or two.

Mine comes out to about $54.00/month for full coverage with Geico.

I have my auto insurance through USAA, however they don't offer MC insurance. Their partner company is Progressive, and even with the 'discounted' member rate, they still wanted $116.00/month.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

d
I only know because I just bought my FJR. Liability only is $64/year and full comprehensive is $208/year. I'm w/ West Bend Mutual. I'm thinking that plastic is expensive so I may go ahead and step up to full coverage for a year or two.
Metairie, LA 70003 - suburb of New Orleans - Progressive:

$125 100/300 liability

$150 collision

$25 comprehensive (fire & theft)

$50 $5000 property

$300 uninsured motorist (this is medical - lotsa uninsured here)

-------

$650 annual full coverage

I have Progressive and am very, very happy with them - one year policy unlike my AIG auto which is six months.

Now, that said, I have not made a claim of any kind with them.

question: anybody have their bike also on their vehicle with AARP Harford - they quoted me a very competitive auto policy and I believe I'm gonna change - mine is up Oct 1 and have to make a decision in the next 4 days. Yes, when I call them, I can ask, but I'd like a heads up if that's possible. But I'm very happy with Progressive which is up in June.

thanks

d
question: anybody have their bike also on their vehicle with AARP Harford - they quoted me a very competitive auto policy and I believe I'm gonna change - mine is up Oct 1 and have to make a decision in the next 4 days. Yes, when I call them, I can ask, but I'd like a heads up if that's possible. But I'm very happy with Progressive which is up in June.
House and 2 vehicles (auto and pickup) insured with The Hartford. Very Happy with them.

To The Original Post: $506.00 annually with Progressive. Full coverage. Very happy with them also.

Metairie, LA 70003 - suburb of New Orleans - Progressive:

$125 100/300 liability

$150 collision

$25 comprehensive (fire & theft)

$50 $5000 property

$300 uninsured motorist (this is medical - lotsa uninsured here)

-------

$650 annual full coverage

I see a lot of premiums in this thread that seem high to me. If they are like the above and you have good health insurance consider dropping the uninsured motorists coverage. Also consider higher deductibles on collision and comprehensive. Use the savings to buy higher liability limits. A bike can be replaced or repaired pretty cheaply compared to being sued and losing a $1,000,000 judgment. The idea of insurance is to protect your financial assets.

WTF???? Some of you poor bastards are getting boned and I'll bet they are not even kissing you first.... Here in Mid Michigan - Progressive Direct - Full Coverage with a $250 Deductible I'm paying $264 / year.

I do feel sorry for you Canadian brothers. I have 4 bikes insured with Progressive Direct - the FJR, a Triumph 995 Daytona, a Harley and a Kaw Ninja - all with full coverage and the whole bill is shy of $1000 / year. I can understand why some in certain locations / regions pay a little more due to traffic and potential theft issues and of course age and driving record but the disparity we are seeing in this post is total BS assuming we are all mid aged and have good records.

I have no traffic here, I'm so far in the woods I have to come out to hunt. The goverment just lifted a I think it was a 5 year freeze they put on the insurance companies. So I guess it's time to pay up for lost time. Everyone in my area insurance went up by 200 buck this year and we were told its going up again in 2010.

FU%^ ME WITH A FORK!!!!!!

JT

I have no traffic here, I'm so far in the woods I have to come out to hunt.
He's not lying you know :) (I kid I kid.. I love Elliot Lake).

I'm paying about $1400/yr on two bikes. Oddly enough, my FJR is cheaper than my Mean Streak through Dalton Timmis (Aviva)

Hey JT, might be up your way to do the Deer Trail if the trip to BugR's doesn't go off this weekend. I'll give you a call if that's the case. I guess I can pick the nicest day and just go for it.. got laid off on Monday :/