Interested in a farkle for a favor? Need a test ride on a FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sradek, I'll take one set of extended footpegs. How's that?Gotta get them for my new footpeg brackets. Arthritis sucks!

I really like the idea of auto clutch, but I don't think I'd have good luck with it. To much for me to remember since I ride a dirtbike too. With MY luck, I'd be hitting the kill switch on the dirtbike to shift! :rolleyes:

yeah I know.......I'm just too damn lazy. ;) Sure looks cool to ride though...

FJR party at Randy's house tomorrow! Anyone game?

(ps...I'm out of beer)
Shit! Bad Timing! My FJR is in the shop getting that noisy shock fixed - only needed lube so I'm told. My daughter also has all day softball tournament. :angry:

sradek, I'll take one set of extended footpegs. How's that?Gotta get them for my new footpeg brackets. Arthritis sucks!

I really like the idea of auto clutch, but I don't think I'd have good luck with it. To much for me to remember since I ride a dirtbike too. With MY luck, I'd be hitting the kill switch on the dirtbike to shift! :rolleyes:

yeah I know.......I'm just too damn lazy. ;) Sure looks cool to ride though...

FJR party at Randy's house tomorrow! Anyone game?

(ps...I'm out of beer)
Sure thing Randy. How much are the peg extendas? I will bring the mulla.

I visited the local Yamaha dealer today and cancelled my 4 year YES on v-max. There I saw the AE. I sat on it and instinctively looked for the clutch :( Without it I wouldn't know how to get off from stop in a hurry, but with control. Anyway, I will go with the A and maybe graduate to AE when I am too old for good foot (feet?) coordination :lol:

Tomorrow, if the weather is not shitty (showers predicted) I will bring my v-max out one last time. I hope the damn beast sells soon on ebay (no reserve!) so I can move on.

Shit! Bad Timing! My FJR is in the shop getting that noisy shock fixed - only needed lube so I'm told. My daughter also has all day softball tournament. :angry:

The door's always open, Bruce. Usually any Saturday I'm out there working on one bike or another.

So sradek, the Jersey contigent picked you up, eh?

I was in the middle of writing to you & POOF, AOL shut down... & I went to bed. Too bad, farkles are such a motivator!

Good luck w/ your decision. All I had to do was sit on one & that was all she wrote for me. Happily riding the hell out of my bike f/ 2 years & many miles now.

Words of wisdom... beware of having under a 31"-32" inseam!!!!!!!!! No flat foot for you w/o mods. Lots of people do it. Not so sure I'd want to. She's a top heavy girl.

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
If it doesn't work out and you want to drive to Vermont I have a 04 sitting in my garage you can try out. Lots of twisties as well around here. Plus you'll get to see if you like the Wilbers setup. It's ALL GOOD! :yahoo:

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
So sradek, the Jersey contigent picked you up, eh?I was in the middle of writing to you & POOF, AOL shut down... & I went to bed. Too bad, farkles are such a motivator!

Good luck w/ your decision. All I had to do was sit on one & that was all she wrote for me. Happily riding the hell out of my bike f/ 2 years & many miles now.

Words of wisdom... beware of having under a 31"-32" inseam!!!!!!!!! No flat foot for you w/o mods. Lots of people do it. Not so sure I'd want to. She's a top heavy girl.

Heidi
Yeah, got luck! Randy is just half hr away.

I hope the FJR is not as top heavy as I felt the K1200GT was. I am 32 inseam, 6' - hopefully that gives me flat foot on a 06 with lower adjustable seat. The bike is so heavy ... without flat footing it will will difficult tip-toeing :blink: and keeping balance.

If it doesn't work out and you want to drive to Vermont I have a 04 sitting in my garage you can try out. Lots of twisties as well around here. Plus you'll get to see if you like the Wilbers setup. It's ALL GOOD! :yahoo:
Tom
When it rains it pours! Thanks Tom.

Go get sold on an FJR, and keep me posted. I'm still availabe on the 4th to check out that one by me.

Let me know :D

You'll have no problem reaching in either seat positiong. I'm a 30 Inch inseam and keep mine in the upper position only because I like the extra wind I get with the shield down. I can't flat foot it but I'm OK with that.

:D

So sradek, the Jersey contigent picked you up, eh?I was in the middle of writing to you & POOF, AOL shut down... & I went to bed. Too bad, farkles are such a motivator!

Heidi
Yeah, got luck! Randy is just half hr away.

I hope the FJR is not as top heavy as I felt the K1200GT was. I am 32 inseam, 6' - hopefully that gives me flat foot on a 06 with lower adjustable seat. The bike is so heavy ... without flat footing it will will difficult tip-toeing :blink: and keeping balance.
Shrinath,

You didn't have any problem when sitting on my bike, right? You and I both have 32" inseams and I know I can flat foot it ok. With the adjustable seat on the '06, you should be Golden. ;)

The door's always open, Bruce. Usually any Saturday I'm out there working on one bike or another.
Randy, mighty nice of you, as always. We should hook up for a ride one of these days - maybe drag Sradek and his new '06 along. B)

Well, sradek got to ride my bike, I got to ride another V-Max, and another set of Freeway Blasters were installed on an '06.

Pretty productive day if I say so myself. Looks like everyone went home happy.

No all we have to do is somehow get all the NJ FJR owners together for a ride. Seems to be more and more every day.

Go get sold on an FJR, and keep me posted. I'm still availabe on the 4th to check out that one by me.
Let me know :D

You'll have no problem reaching in either seat positiong. I'm a 30 Inch inseam and keep mine in the upper position only because I like the extra wind I get with the shield down. I can't flat foot it but I'm OK with that.

:D
I just had a test ride on FJRandy's bike 03/04?! Awesome! - this is it. :clapping:

I also saw a 06A that Randy put new horns on. Sat on it on high seat and it was still good! Reach to handlebar was good too.

I am going to check w/ the local dealer if he still hasn't sold the 06A I negotiated on. If so, I might put a deposit to hold. I am waiting to sell my v-max ...

Will keep you posted either way.

And what's the verdict? Is Sradek sold on the FJR now? If not, what's his problem? :lol:
Weird, Sradek's reply wasn't there when I posted...anyway good news! Hope the bike is still available.

Would be cool to have another FJR owner in the "neighborhood". ;)

I just put down the deposit to hold the 06A in NJ! :D

As I said in another post, I negotiated to 12,700 with 4 year YES - OTD! :clapping:

bennyb: Thanks for the FJR look see and a scary pillion ride. Never again will I ride a pillion, let someone else suffer! and thanks for referring me to FJRandy.

FJRandy: Thanks for the test ride dude! Had I known you earlier, I would be riding a FJR right now! :ph34r:

renegade: Thanks for your offer to check the bike near you, but I am impatient so I will just go buy new! ;)

All: thanks for putting up with me all this time ... deciding on the candy

NJ++ riders, let the rides begin. **Winterfeejrfest**

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

I just put down the deposit to hold the 06A in NJ! :D As I said in another post, I negotiated to 12,700 with 4 year YES - OTD! :clapping:
Wow. You can negotiate my next bike purchase. That's a hell of a deal. Congratulations.

I just put down the deposit to hold the 06A in NJ! :D As I said in another post, I negotiated to 12,700 with 4 year YES - OTD! :clapping:

bennyb: Thanks for the FJR look see and a scary pillion ride. Never again will I ride a pillion, let someone else suffer! and thanks for referring me to FJRandy.

FJRandy: Thanks for the test ride dude! Had I known you earlier, I would be riding a FJR right now! :ph34r:

renegade: Thanks for your offer to check the bike near you, but I am impatient so I will just go buy new! ;)

All: thanks for putting up with me all this time ... deciding on the candy

NJ++ riders, let the rides begin. **Winterfeejrfest**

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:
Shrinath, congratulations!! And +1 on the great negotiating skills!!

But, I was really trying to take it easy during that ride...my wife never complained. :p

Latest posts