International Motorcycle Show - San Mateo - Oct. 24-27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Hans mention FREE FOOD??? I just might be down for that! FJR is finally out of the shop.

Did Hans mention FREE FOOD??? I just might be down for that! FJR is finally out of the shop.
Yeah, you know me, Ray--I'm all about buying rounds for the house.
no.gif

I just plugged my bald rear tire last night after it went flat the previous night. And today, after seeing that it held air last night,I rode it into work 'cause of BART issues (took the back roads).

I just got off the phone with my shop, and he'll see if he can order the tire for installation tomorrow (Metzler Z-6--it's all I ever run). I don't really want to get on the freeway with a bald, plugged tire Saturday.
uhoh.gif
Stay tuned. But it'd be great to see you boyz; been a looooong time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be at the show briefly Saturday if at all. Drop by Moto Shop's booth and ask for the most handsome VFR rider. BTW, Moto Shop has a free breakfast Sunday morning around 9 and a ride to the show after.

Picking up the bike this afternoon with new rubber on the back.

I can be at IHOP Dublin / Pleasanton tomorrow morning at 9:30.

(There are more hoity-toity breakfast places around there, but I'd rather get in and sit right down; besides--pancakes--Duh!
blink.png
).

IHOP
6379 Dublin Boulevard
Dublin, CA 94568
I will need to see a confirmation from other(s) here before heading out in the morning....
whistle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
IHOP6379 Dublin Boulevard
Dublin, CA 94568
I will need to see a confirmation from other(s) here before heading out in the morning....
whistle.gif
We can start with Christy and I as in.

If you don't get any more confirmations Hans I'm still supporting you sleeping in and we'll catch up another day.

I see fog for San Mateo in the forcast, anyone know if it's coming in past the Bay Area? Might have to build in a little more travel time to breakfast?

You know, there's an IHOP in San Jose too Hans
tonguesmiley.gif

I'll check back in the morning to see if it's a go or not. I can be there if my bike holds up.

The show continues to downsize... they filled empty space with classic motorcycle displays... very little extras to shop for... but I did get to see a few folks that I don't get to cross paths with often as well as have dinner with two of my favorite gents, Brodie and SkooterG. :wub:

I was soo hoping to make this ride but work-interruptus.

Would have been really fun to see wonderful peeps - even SkooterG...
flirt.gif

Tyler, Brodie, Skooter - good on yah, peeps...
punk.gif

...and did Hans really buy or was this El-Toro-Poo-Poo?

first time going - wasn't too busy I thought , do like the red of the 14 noticed a lot of yamaha's in red must be the 14 color. The test rides for the fjr and fz09 were all booked when I got there about 1pm but wifey and I spent a couple of hours looking round , plus the car park with Indian and Victory - good weather too

don't know anybody by sight so cant tell who else was there - looks like tyler made it

The show seemed very busy midday Saturday. Sure hope word spreads and vendors start coming back to the show but every other year is fine for now or until something really new hits the market.

Started the day dark and early to meet up with Ray (Silent) and Hans (James Burleigh) for breakfast in Dublin. Had a nice meal and did some much needed catching up.

20131026-_1040151-L.jpg

I was afraid to ask what the fuzzy thing in Rays trunk was but he said Tyler would know and get a kick out of his chicken.

20131026-_1040150-L.jpg

Fueled with pancakes Christy and I shot across the bay to hit the show. Saw Del (Painman) as we were going in but I don't think he recognized the dork in the ticket line shouting his name. Checked our gear and hit all two buildings of the show. A few highlights were this Ninja 1000 dressed as a sport tourer. If I were single I'd have to have one of these.

20131026-_1040152-L.jpg

Lots of old bikes like Tyler said. They used them for filler along with some stupid-crazy customs. This one caught me eye because he even brought his own dirt. Looks like the red clay we have at home too.

20131026-_1040154-L.jpg

Found the Bigfoot version of quads, I had to have Christy sit on it for scale.Looked as big as a car!

20131026-_1040155-L.jpg

Mike (Old Michael) and his gal pal checking out the sights, and thighs. I'm sorry, terrible with names but I do remember she is a Sergeant Major in the active reserves.

20131026-_1040158-L.jpg

Creepiest seat on the ugliest motorcycle I've ever seen.

20131026-_1040160-L.jpg

Giant slot car track looked like a lot of fun. Not sure what it has to do with motorcycles but cool just the same.

20131026-_1040161-L.jpg

Haven't really been tempted to upgrade the 05 until this thing showed up. Multiple maps and best of all multiple suspensions settings to cover everything from solo sporty to two-up touring.
punk.gif

20131026-_1040165-L.jpg

The big Vstrom adventure was getting a lot of attention. I cannot understand these land yacht adventure bikes with down pipes and street bike ground clearance?

20131026-_1040169-L.jpg

Of all the bikes at the show this is about the only one that actually make my heart beat a little faster. Not real practical but damn sexy!

20131026-_1040170-L.jpg

Bought some more No-Mar tire changing lube and some strap keepers before heading out the door. Went to this show specifically to check sizing on a Gerbing electric vest and none to be found. Kind of tells you the direction the show has taken, no-fog paste, beef jerky and one clever attorney selling cheese cake, not the desert kind, with his bevy of beauties. Maybe 2015 will be a comeback year?

Thanks for the pics...especially of the ES! Too bad the show is still shrinking, kinda makes you wonder if it'll ever come back.

--G

Thanks Ube for the pics. I showed the Mrs. your pic of the 2014 Feeger and her response was "ooohhh, pretty! What bike is that?" When I told her I felt the same way that you do about the 05' she said, " nope, it's not THAT pretty". Sorry to see the SM show continuing it's downward spiral. I've been going every year since 2005, but gave up on it after 2012.