Internet at NAFO Marriot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old Pilot

Reaction score
I called to ask if wireless was available in all rooms. Yes, it is. But-

Unless you are a Marriot Rewards member and have achieved Gold Status, the internet service charge is $2.95/hour or $12.95/day! :huh:

Hope there is a McDonalds with free Wi-Fi close by.

I called to ask if wireless was available in all rooms. Yes, it is. But-

Unless you are a Marriot Rewards member and have achieved Gold Status, the internet service charge is $2.95/hour or $12.95/day! :huh:

Hope there is a McDonalds with free Wi-Fi close by.
I hate to say it but that sucks!

I guess it will be a while before they catch up with other chains such as Best Western or Motel 6! :(

I stay at Marriotts all the time for business, and internet has always been free in the room, either wired or wireless. Can't remember the last time I stayed at one of the Marriot chain hotels and had to pay extra for internet. I'm not saying it's free at NAFO, but...

I stay at Marriotts all the time for business, and internet has always been free in the room, either wired or wireless. Can't remember the last time I stayed at one of the Marriot chain hotels and had to pay extra for internet. I'm not saying it's free at NAFO, but...
Based on the various recent reviews out there for the Knoxville Marriott, it's not free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the various recent reviews out there for the Knoxville Marriott, it's not free.
They must be going the way of the airline industry. Any little extra there gonna whack you on.

Dave

just saw in the news this last week where the major upscale hotels are now charging for internet access in order to make up for lost revenue.

They will lose more from me if I have to pay as I have a choice where to stay and will pick the free access hotel.

I hope what you guys are saying is not true.... I just stayed in Topeka KS at a Super 8 for less than $60 and got free wirelesss internet at the far end of the building. What a crock!

I stay at them all the time and am a Rewards Member, so was surprised to see your post. The $12.95 in room/free in lobby plan is now the norm for Marriott and some of the other chains. Ironically, it's the budget motels that have the free wi-fi.

just saw in the news this last week where the major upscale hotels are now charging for internet access in order to make up for lost revenue.

They will lose more from me if I have to pay as I have a choice where to stay and will pick the free access hotel.
This type of hotel chain targets the business traveller. They pay it and write it off.

Just spoke with the hotel and there is no free wi-fi at the hotel. I was disappointed to find that out.

I'm staying at the Econo Lodge in Athens tonight.

Free Wy-Fi.

$42 room.

...Ironically, it's the budget motels that have the free wi-fi.
Not ironic at all! Simple business strategy. The cheaper hotels/motels need to offer this to be competitive. The more expensive hotels' clientele generally do not see this at a big factor so it's an easy add on for the hotel adding value to their frequent visitor programs.

get off the internet and ride!

oh wait, what am i doing here?!? i should be riding!!!! er, actually i should be sleeping in preparation for riding in the morning.

anyway, it's a rally -- fahq the internet!!!!! :)