Interviewing John Ryan: Got Questions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnKing

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm doing an audio interview for my show tomorrow morning with John Ryan:Yamaha FJR Rider John Ryan Breaks Record For Traversing North America

If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask, post them here or send them via email to shawn (at) yourbikelife.com. Be sure to include your forum name or real name so I can properly credit you for the question!

The interview will be posted to the Your Bike Life web site later Friday afternoon.

Shawn, what I'm really interested in knowing is how he managed his diet and blood sugar levels. What and when he ate, how often he tested levels, etc.

Secondly, the issue of sleep - did he schedule his sleep stops, or sleep when his body told him it was necessary?

Thanks!!

Hal

Hey folks. I'm doing an audio interview for my show tomorrow morning with John Ryan:Yamaha FJR Rider John Ryan Breaks Record For Traversing North America

If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask, post them here or send them via email to shawn (at) yourbikelife.com. Be sure to include your forum name or real name so I can properly credit you for the question!

The interview will be posted to the Your Bike Life web site later Friday afternoon.
Ask him if primarily he treats the FJR 1300 as a precious object, or if it is the "ride" that is the subject for decisions of bike care/maintenance? <_<

E-mail sent Shawn.

Shawn;

Please ask John for FJR Bluesman, how he was able to stay alert and pay attention to the road? What kept his mind from wondering, getting board or day dreaming? All things that could get you in trouble.

Thanks.

Ask him if he used a Stadium Pal, and how he kept hydrated, and released said hydration :)

and what everyone else said..

I'd like to know more details about how he managed to get down the Haul Road in such great time, and how the FJR handled that portion of the ride.

I'm curious how he managed to miss an exit in TN and ended up an extra 100+ miles on his trip. Ask his well being at that time because if you are alert and in focus and pushing everything you can to shave time off your trip, you could have made a u turn to correct your route.

I'm curious how he managed to miss an exit in TN and ended up an extra 100+ miles on his trip. Ask his well being at that time because if you are alert and in focus and pushing everything you can to shave time off your trip, you could have made a u turn to correct your route.
I *think* that was intentional to avoid construction.

I downloaded a copy of his Garmin route and he rode it exactly how he planed it.