Iridium plugs on an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue-Crown-Spark-Plug-Team---1950-INDY-500-793249.jpg

These guys raced spark plugs, removed 'em from real racin' carz and found out which was really the fastest. The details can be found here-https://weld the fuckkinplugsin/no-one givesaratsass.net

OK - I'll say it... Hey, that website won't work!! :headbonk:

Blue-Crown-Spark-Plug-Team---1950-INDY-500-793249.jpg

These guys raced spark plugs, removed 'em from real racin' carz and found out which was really the fastest. The details can be found here-https://weld the fuckkinplugsin/no-one givesaratsass.net

OK - I'll say it... Hey, that website won't work!! :headbonk:
Rad's links are much like Bustanut Joker's humor....neither work on a regular basis. :lol:

I bought and placed the iridiums. I am convinced they are better mainly because if they weren't it would mean I'm not a smart fellow and would have wasted that extra money, :blink: . I have to be validated as brilliant and wise person :rolleyes: , so there. :yahoo:

doctorj

Using platinum/iridum plugs doesn't give me wood............

...........but discussing it on FJRForum.com does! WOOT-WOOT!!

[SIZE=8pt](where's a manatee when you need one?)[/SIZE]

Using platinum/iridum plugs doesn't give me wood............

...........but discussing it on FJRForum.com does! WOOT-WOOT!!

[SIZE=8pt](where's a manatee when you need one?)[/SIZE]

howie.jpg

Glad to help out ;)

:jester:
Thanks, Bust! Just knew RadioHowie had a manatee in his home swimming pool at this very moment. Mailed your sign to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the Iridium plugs that I had in the FJR after about 10K and indeed, there were 2 plugs with pristine center electrodes, and 2 with minor metal removal from the center electrodes. Seems to me that when the center Iridium electode wears, the Iridium winds up on the side electrode. At this point, one has 2 plugs with Iridium on the side electrodes and all that needs done is to switch the plugs between 1&3 and 2&4 cylinders periodically and you are running double Iridium plugs! :yahoo:

Comments please.

Slardy

Just read this entire thread (great stuff Fred W) as I have Iridiums to go in next change & I'd come up with the same conclusion - leave them in for 20,000 kms & then change over the plugs in 1 & 2 and 3 & 4, assuming that they look fine etc.

Anyone know a reason (sensible please Bustanut !) why this isn't a good idea ?