Is This The FJR Cap That Yamaha's Sending?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought my 05 ABS off the showroom, sorta (11-1-2004).......Cap came last Friday.....here's hopin you'll get yours quick!

All the best,

Mike

saving this hat for special occasions

My buddy ordered an FJR in Jan or Feb this spring, expecting May or June delivery. He wasn't sure if he wanted one, but the dealership used his name to order one and if he backed out, no biggy, they would sell it anyway. The dealership fronted the $500. The same dealership used my other friend's name to order another one, who owns a new ST1300 and would never trade up for an FJR.

Friend #1 backed out on the order and bought a BMW (he did have enough patience to wait). Even though he didn't by an FJR, he got a hat mailed to him. He called me the other day and bragged about it.

Picked up my '05 on 5/7/05, was a dealer speculative order, which I gladly assumed.

Hat received 7/28/05, along with a letter from Mark J Dipko (I kid you not). Note: name replaced with 'boogahboogah'

July 14, 2005

boogahboogah

street address

city state zip

Dear boogahboogah

Congratulations on your recent purchase of a new Yamaha FJR 1300! You are now the owner of one of the finest Sport Touring motorcycles available today and we are certain that it will provide you with years of exciting and enjoyable riding experiences.

As we celebrate our 50th Anniversary of manufacturing and selling high quality industry-leading motorcycles, we realize that it is our customers that are truly the reason for our success. To show our appreciation, please accept the enclosed FJR1300 hat as we welcome you as a to the Yamaha family. (yes the sentence is just like that!)

We wish you the very best with your new FJR.

Sincerely,

Mark J. Dipko

Motorcycle Marketing Manager

Yamaha Motor Corp, USA

---

Hey long-timers, why not send Mr Dipko a nice letter & see if his marketing budget will allow him to send you a freebie hat also ???

Yamaha Motor Corp

6555 Katella Avenue

Cypress, CA 90630-5101

I rec. my hat a couple of days ago. Letter included with the hat implies that Yamaha is sending it out in conjuction with their 50th Ann. I assume I rec. it because I bought a 05 FJR. Nice hat. :agent:

Thanks for the name and address for Marketing manager. I will write them and whine! I bought off the show room floor and the salesman told me the dealers used the employees names to order. So, unless I write I probably will not get one of those lovely lids.

So, avigar, how did you post the photo? I tried and got some computer gobbdegook which I can't show you here because all it does is generate an error message and won't let me post it.

OK I think this will work...

Thanks to Boogaboogah for posting the letter and address for Mark J. Dipko at Yamaha in Cypress. I wrote him a letter telling him I bought off the showroom floor but the bike WAS ordered in someone else's name! Told him how I would LOVE to have a hat too! He sent me a hat, the form letter that everyone gets and a nice little note on the bottom saying he hoped I enjoyed the hat and "Happy Riding". How cool is that? I'm so excited!!!! I got a hat! And just in time for vacation. We leave next Friday on our bikes for parts unknown. Well, we are heading for St. George, UT to meet a friend and after that...parts unknown! Just going to go where ever we feel like riding! Thanks again for posting that info! :D

I've been watching every day for my hat, but no joy. :cry:

Ordered my bike 2/28/04 and picked it up 10/2/04.

Maybe I should send Mr. Dipko a letter, too.

I wrote them and received the hat in 1 week. I doubt that I would have received one since the bike was originally ordered in the employee's names at that dealership. And it was so nice of him to write the little note on the bottom to show it was personalized. Between my husband and I we have had many, many bikes and never had this kind of treatment from the company. My first Yamaha and I'm impressed with their desire to ensure customer satisfaction. Even when I took it to the dealer to have some warranty work done, they were fantastic. Loved my Kawasaki but the FJR has stolen my heart! :) Drop them a line. What can it hurt and you are out the cost of a stamp. Worth the effort.

It is a nice hat....maybe I ought to lie by writing and telling them I did not get one.

I just wrote my letter. I have been patiently waiting for my hat and so far ..... nuthin. I tried to figure out the details, perhaps I didn't meet the criteria. But after seeing that some people were not even part of the PDP program, just walked in to the dealerships and bought...... I ordered my '05 in April of '04 and took delivery in October '04. I included this info in my letter, along with my VIN for verification. I'll let you know what happens.

Give them time to get your letter and send you a hat. I wrote and a week later I had the hat and a nice note. I also bought off the showroom floor, but the salesman admitted that the owner used the name of his salespeople to order the bikes. So, I didn't get a hat! But since Boogahboogah posted his letter with the address I thought it was worth a try. And I was not disappointed. Don't give up!