Italian Beauty

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Anyone gotta few hunnert thou I can bum?

49775dac981148279dda0f66aeea2550.jpg

1775517d570b40768f4c024ec5db1119.jpg

fe5751ebb1f7459ca3b3e15101ee12d9.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia. 4.5 V-8, 7 speed. 570hp, 202 mph top end, 62-0 in 107ft. Yes, I think it would be nice. ;)

Yes............................yes..........................I can see myself driving one of those; any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The accompanying article waxes romantic on how the engine output blows away the vaunted 100hp per liter figure, something bikes have been doing for quite some time now. Apparently they don't count. Seemingly, according to the writer, a rarity in autos.

* Before you are allowed to buy it, you need to demonstrate you can drive it. And I don't mean parallel parking.

* To close the deal you have to agree to drive it regularly.

* To keep it you must take it to venues where the potential can be realized.

* Horses need exercise, frequently let the horses run -- all of them.

* Sleep in it or with it, but never on it.

* Allow it to be an ambassador to good causes, bring it to charitable events and let it do good for all.

* Any time it leaves home, just call my name -- and I'll be there...

(Dad, can I borrow the car tonight?)

(selected) Excerpts from a Ferrari test drive:

when a Ferrari engineer asked us at the end of our drive what our favorite part of the car was, we blurted out, "the transmission."...automated manual gearbox ...So fabulous and so clearly a better alternative than the ...manual

A conventional ... manual with a clutch pedal will eventually be offered ..., but for once we're not sure we'd opt for it.

squeezing the shift paddles is no great hardship, even in traffic.
Not exactly like an FJR 'AE' -- altho, (somewhat) similar.... :)

(but..., considerably less $$$ ('AE') for MamaYama's "paddle shift" manual... :eek: )

A car....how dull. I thought it was going to be a picture or two of some really good lookin' chick!!! Radman I didn't think you were that old?

Latest posts