It's a Tough Job....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is no joke, I write from personal experience.

In my backyard, I can dig a 4 foot hole. Then go into the house and fix a sandwich. After lunch, there will be water in the bottom of the hole. And there's not a cloud in the sky.

It looks like you had a fine day out making memories with your son! Bank away as many days like this as you can.

This is no joke, I write from personal experience.
In my backyard, I can dig a 4 foot hole. Then go into the house and fix a sandwich. After lunch, there will be water in the bottom of the hole. And there's not a cloud in the sky.
So, y'all aren't too big on basements and storm cellars are ya? (I was a tellin ol Boudroux the other day that we dug a basement and the next day we ended up with a swimmin' pond...)

Great ride report, and thanks!! Very interesting re: above ground graves due to high water table!!??
Very common down here. If you ever see any pics of the cemeteries in New Orleans, almost everything is above ground. In fact, if you Google "St. Louis Cemetery" and look under images, you will see exactly what it looks like. I can say from personal and unpleasant experience that when flood waters come a sealed casket will pop up out of the ground like a huge cork. I have helped tie a group of caskets into a raft and tied them to a tree in a local cemetery here.
Holy S#%T!!! I had no idea! I did Google the St. Louis cemetery images, very interesting. Thanks again!

Conserves square footage. You can stack a whole family in one 3x6 footprint.
It's better than that. If the other folk lore is to be believed it get so hot in the surface vaults (City of the Dead) that it decays the contents, people, box & all so that in 1 year and 1 day later you are allowed to inter another body in the same crypt. Just sweep the previous contents to the end and stuff in the next person. One of the main denominational churches determined that 1 year and a day is the right length of time to avoid charges or some silly thing like that.

All the movies that show people stashing stuff in crypts (like money) is not a good idea.

Same thing here in Florida, Pants. Except here, you'll hit water in less than two feet and it'll be instant. You'll see water while you're diggin'. I learned that Real quick when I was diggin' the post holes for my fence. In South Florida anyway. You get above Orlando and they've got a bit more elevation.

Thanks for the RR Pants. Good stuff!!
smile.png

Ok, before we lose track.

Remember, we're talking about Louisiana. Where the politicians are colorful and .... creative.

Why are the dead 'buried' above ground in south Louisiana? Because it's easier to get them to the polls.

OMG!!! - it's been a while since I heard that one. Gonna go get a static free computer screen wipe now.....

He he hee......