It's all mine.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go ahead and get the 600 miles and then change the oil.

congrats. looking good

Good job! Few things are as beautiful as a shinny new FJR. I missed my 2005 FJR so badly I picked up a second one last November. This time a 2008.

Congrats! Beautiful! I still don't understand why Yamaha decided to put the black grab bar on the Liquid Graphite bike. The grab bar has always been the same color as the rest of the bike. It looks odd to me.

Only 43 miles done today riding from Vanvouver to Longview/Kelso. I'm not one for analysing or comparing rides. But it is a different ride to my ST. I feel lighter and flighty, deffinately more maneuverability. I haven't moved the ES system away from standard yet. But again the FJR feels different than the ST, definately a smoother ride.So far so good. Will be riding a couple of hundred miles towards that first service tomorrow.

Thanks one and all for the good wishes. Looking forward to many more miles on my new FJR.

I too traded a very good Honda ST1300 for the 2015 ES. I had a wonderful bike and I loved it. I like this FJR ES better. I can't always explain the difference between the two bikes but I don't have to.

Best of luck with your FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
smile.png

Thank you one and all for the good wishes on the new bike.

In case anyone else is sitting on the fence waiting to buy. Pro-Caliber in Vancouver WA has 3 2015 A models, 1 2015 ES, 1 2014 A, and a used 2014 A on the showroom floor.

Nice move up. Good to see Yamaha finally decided to have the side panels the same color as the other plastic! Ride safe. Hopefully I will bump into you on one of my fall rides in the PNW.

I am certainly enjoying my new 2015. Had a chance to ride about 80 miles today. So very impressed and satisfied. You will be too! I also like that there are certain areas of the bike that are the same black color as my 08 FJR was...I can't remember the exact color name but it's a black with some glitter mixed in.

One of the other interesting perceptions is that from the front, this thing looks like something Batman would ride. The new cowling and front exposure areas of the faring are very Batman-looking. In fact, I took off the front fender to install a fenda extenda and the front fender looks exactly like Batman's mask, ears and all. Incredible!

Enjoy your new ride...the FJR has come a long way baby!

Congratulations. I like that color. I got my '14 in December and just hit 1000 miles. I just switched it to Amsoil this weekend getting ready for a ride to Jacksonville next week. I'm still getting used to mine too. It finally got warm enough to adjust the suspension last weekend. The rebound was set so loose it rode like a trampoline. So easy to adjust the forks on this thing that ES wasn't a big deal for me. The ride and handling really change based on settings. I'll bet you'll like your new FJR even more once you get time and miles to play with your suspension ES.

I rode home the long and put on 385 miles. Haven't played with the suspension yet. After 100 miles or so after the tires had been scrubbed, I started playing with sport mode. Wow what a difference, scared the crap out of myself.

Congrats Bill!

I have only ridden 440 in the first week of ownership of my bike and I could'nt be happier. Seriously, it will take several thousand before I can even appreciate what it has to offer. Started playing with the ES in that last couple hundred and that is really interesting. Adjust on the fly for town, cruising and speed and what a difference it makes. Haven't tried S mode yet, but then again I am not serious S rider either... T is just fine and that's truly what I bought it for... Now, I will say that even in T mode you can bring the front end up at speed and this thing will roll into triple digits faster than you can scream "holy shiiiiiit"!

Glad they stepped up and made you the deal. Hopefully we can meet up one of these days!

WHS

I will be knocking of the remaining miles to the first service next weekend. I'm planning on attending the Tech meeting in May, but I'm not committed yet.