• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a rear wheel...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like the easy thing to do would be to head to eBay and get the correct year range. Bike rears are typically easy to find - fronts not as much

I am going to disagree with you somewhat here. Black 08+ wheels are hard to come by. Many, many years ago, spare FJR wheels were all over eBay. In the last 10, not so much. I have been looking.. Lots of Gen I wheels but not much demand for those. Twice I have attempted to buy a black 08+ wheel from Estonia and Great Britain but they never made it out of the country for some kind of eBay customs/shipping reason. Two others that were available a couple years ago I balked at due to cost.

I know FJRs are getting wadded up so I would really like to know where all the wheels are going. I was fortunate to finally get a '16 rear wheel a few weeks ago that is in excellent shape with brake rotor. Supposedly 18k miles on it. Came off a wadded up '16 FJR I found on Craigslist that the private party seller was parting out. I also scored the ES shock for pennies on the dollar. Not sure what I am going to do with yet.

Dan Cooper provided excellent information. The 'definitive' post on FJR wheels IMHO. But still, like Ross said above, how hard would it be to find the toothed abs ring to install on a wheel that doesn't already have it?

I don't even want to know how many FJR wheels I currently have to match my gluttonous amount of FJRs. A 'spare' set of 2004 Gen I non-abs wheels. A 'spare' set of 2004 Gen I abs wheels. And several spare rears and fronts for 08+ wheels in various condition of both colors. I am now done acquiring anymore spare FJR wheels!

Last edited:
I am going to disagree with you somewhat here. Black 08+ wheels are hard to come by. Many, many years ago, spare FJR wheels were all over eBay. In the last 10, not so much. I have been looking.. Lots of Gen I wheels but not much demand for those. Twice I have attempted to buy a black 08+ wheel from Estonia and Great Britain but they never made it out of the country for some kind of eBay customs/shipping reason. Two others that were available a couple years ago I balked at due to cost.

I know FJRs are getting wadded up so I would really like to know where all the wheels are going. I was fortunate to finally get a '16 rear wheel a few weeks ago that is in excellent shape with brake rotor. Supposedly 18k miles on it. Came off a wadded up '16 FJR I found on Craigslist that the private party seller was parting out. I also scored the ES shock for pennies on the dollar. Not sure what I am going to do with yet.

Dan Cooper provided excellent information. The 'definitive' post on FJR wheels IMHO. But still, like Ross said above, how hard would it be to find the toothed abs ring to install on a wheel that doesn't already have it?

I don't even want to know how many FJR wheels I currently have to match my gluttonous amount of FJRs. A 'spare' set of 2004 Gen I non-abs wheels. A 'spare' set of 2004 Gen I abs wheels. And several spare rears and fronts for 08+ wheels in various condition of both colors. I am now done acquiring anymore spare FJR wheels!
I guess experience varies. I bought an extra set of 2007 wheels a few years ago and then sold them this year. Took all of 30 minutes to find a set to buy and the 2007's are a bigger pain than most to find.

The toothed ABS rings for 2004 - 2007 show up occasionally if you're looking. Usually, you would just remove the toothed ABS ring from your old bent up wheel and put it back on any wheel from 2004 onwards. I'm willing to bet that lots of rims bent too badly to save get thrown away with that toothed ABS ring still on them.
Yamaha did not show the 2004 - 2007 toothed ABS ring as a separate item from the wheels.

But this pair is way too expensive.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3257551382...nbPwnE+V/46deHzxAEqAC12sR6|tkp:Bk9SR9r0rLKJYw
There is also the possibility of buying a bent wheel just to get the 2004 - 2007 ABS ring, if you're desperate.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3146607899...K8JBBhrprUhi1gavCNHsCqZA==|tkp:Bk9SR7ru5LOJYw
Just so happens I have a spare front toothed ABS ring in my stash. Don't know what I'll ever use it for.

dan