J&M CB-2003 and new CFRG Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaJuice

Reaction score
J&M came out with a new version of the CFRG integration harness for their CB-2003 this spring. They are calling it the CFRG-D and like most J&M products is quite spendy. The list price is $369.99 and requires an additional “CA” series harness to connect the extra accessories such as FRS radio, Zumo, cell phone, etc (list price’s of those are $39.99 – $109.99).

I spent a lot of time researching the different options for audio integration after I bought my new bike this winter and really liked the CB-2003, but I wanted to do FRS communication more than CB. I was talking to cyclegadgets.com at the Minneapolis motorcycle show and they told me J&M was coming out with this CFRG-D very soon. The major difference between the 2 is that the CFRG-D can also integrate a Motorola FRS radio. I decided to just get the CB-2003 and wait for the new CFRG. I installed the CB-2003 in March and hooked the base unit’s audio input to my Zumo with XM antenna so I could listen to the directions, MP3’s and XM and also hear when someone was calling me since I had my Zumo’s Bluetooth to the phone.

Cyclegadgets.com told me they got a CFRG-D in April and I bought it along with a CFRG-D-CA04 (the CA series adapter to connect to a Zumo and a Motorola FRS radio). It has been sitting in the box at my house until today. I got motivated to tear back into the bike and install it. It was very easy to add the CRFG-D to the base wiring, you just have to disconnect 2 connectors and plug this harness between and then plug the CA harness into the CFRG.

I picked up a Motorola MR350R FRS radio and plugged that into the harness. I noticed that I had to use the PTT button that came with the CA harness to use the mic in my helmet. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to use it and could just push the talk button on the FRS but that button activated the mic on the radio, not the helmet. I thought it might be smart enough to know there was a mic and speakers plugged into it but no luck.

The use of a phone via Bluetooth from the Zumo worked great also. I keep my phone in the glove box on long trips so I can charge it from the lighter.

With another cable you can also integrate radar detector audio but I have not tried that yet.

Note that Cyclegadgets website still shows the old CFRG and does not list the CA harnesses, but they do have them, you have to call.

Last edited by a moderator: