Just added this to my garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
2rxwfao.jpg

Can't wait to take it in twisties... :yahoo: And, it's going to AK in 2011, at least that's the plan...

Looks good Pete, I'm looking to go lighter too. I bought an 07 Wee in September. Hope to hook up with you guys next spring in AR. Still needs a little work. :rolleyes: Ian

IMG_1792.jpg

Petey, what the heck is that? Sure looks cool - and a good choice for AK.
Looks like a metallic lime green Kwak Versys.

Kwak came out with the new 650cc parallel twin engine around '06 in its Ninja 650R. The Versys was introduced in the US a couple years later ('08?) with the same engine and frame, but in this new Motard configuration. I think it might have been available in Europe a year earlier. It was a 49 states model while not being available in Kawlifornia at first, but I think it's now available here (if you can find a Kwak dealer that hasn't gone under like all the ones we had in this area).

As to AK, BugR's wife was riding a copper colored Versys at CFR in Nakusp before they went to AK on it and his FJR. Thought you saw it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exskibum said. It's a nice little scoot that has great torque/power for a 650cc size, and handles very well...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about the only place he hasn't been,........this year.
No shit! I go to CFR, Petey is there. I cross the damn continent to Vancouver Island, Petey is there. Screw him me thinks! I head south to New Mexico, Petey's there too! That F'N DOES IT, I head back across the continent to Knoxville, whose there?

I give. Petey is the man. (Along with Bluestreek, he's everywhere we wanna be).

As for the Versys, I've lusted after one after its initial road tests. But, its been bumped down to my second choice after a WR250R. This spring, one of the two will be mine!

Judging by the number of Forum members heading for Alaska next year, I suggest WFO be held there.