just bought a new 07 - and pre-farkled it!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipsi06

Reaction score
After agonizing debate, I passed on the BMW and went with a new FJR. I have to say, the new color really winds my watch, and there's no doubt in my mind I made the right decision.

Knowing I wanted to modify it, my dealer gave me a nice deal on parts, so here's what I had them do.

1. PCIII

2. Heated grips

3. Heli bars triple clamps and 3/4' risers

These mods shouls help comfort and drivability. I plan on adding MCruise, and Russel day long, along with a Cee Bailey when I pick it up.

QUESTION: Is there anythind specific I need to tell the dealer when installing my PCIII?

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been reports of PCIII's coming from the factory without a map loaded.

You should have the installer ensure that the map for a stock 06 (07) is installed.

I plan on adding MCruise, and Russel day long, along with a Cee Bailey when I pick it up.
Congrats on the 07! I love that color too.

I guess the Throttlemiesters are expensive bar weights. Will you actually be riding the bike with the stock shield or going right to the CB? It would be nicew to hear another before/after comparison. Which CB are you getting?

Yeah. Make sure he puts the sliders on before he starts messin' with the PCIII...
Sliders?
To paraphrase from other endeavors: "There are only two type of FJR riders in the world. Those that have dropped their bikes, and those that are gonna drop their bikes."

Sliders are those frame or engine mounted support arms with external cylindrical elements that sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the whole in the event of a parking lot tip over or a accident-caused "slide" at speed.
These are the first farkles one should consider, IMHO.

Cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Make sure he puts the sliders on before he starts messin' with the PCIII...
Sliders?
To paraphrase from other endeavors: "There are only two type of FJR riders in the world. Those that have dropped their bikes, and those that are gonna drop their bikes."

Sliders are those frame or engine mounted support arms with external cylindrical elements that sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the whole in the event of a parking lot tip over or a accident-caused "slide" at speed.
These are the first farkles one should consider, IMHO.

Cheers...

+1

Yessiree...Sliders are a must

This is what a Delrin slider looks like after a slow-speed lowsider. (This mounting bracket is no longer needed since the 2006 model appeared but it sure was a good idea as it would take the brunt of the torsion -- look at how it got warped).

Moko.JPG

Congrats on the new '07. I got one too! And I really enjoy this bike!

MJ

Enjoy the new bike and I agree that frame sliders should be first on the farkle list. When I picked up my '05 I rode it straight home to put the frame sliders on before putting any more miles on it. They paid for themselves when the bike fell over and saved the tupperware some months later.

Ordered GSG Moto crash protectors from Wild Hair just before Christmas. Took delivery of my 2007 FJR at D&H last Friday. Still no crash protectors. Wild Hair said holidays and US customs are delaying delivery. Needless to say I could not wait on sliders to ride this black cherry dream machine so my first farkle was a Scotts reusable oil filter with my first oil change at 61 miles. Look forward to future farkling. I think I need bar risers after raising the seat to it's highest position. 253 miles in low 40 degree temperatures by Sunday afternoon. Still grinning from ear to ear. Needless to say the bike never got past three bars on the temp indicator.

After agonizing debate, I passed on the BMW and went with a new FJR. I have to say, the new color really winds my watch, and there's no doubt in my mind I made the right decision.

Well, I am in the same boat. Just finished the paperwork on the '07 today. I'll probably ride it home next week if we get a day above freezing. I already have farkle fever, it's pretty bad. Looking at sliders, McCruise, topbox, laminar shield, maybe helibars... What fun!!!

order Skyway's sliders -- he's a member of the forum....

order them now -- and bring them with you to the dealership! (that's what I did) Install before you ever leg over.

I prefer the all aluminum -- but he now makes either all aluminum, or aluminum with delrin spools...