Kimber

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless a reload blew up the gun, there's no way they'd know if reloads had ever been fired through it or not.
In my case a double charged reload (my friends loads, he was with me) blew up my Glock 36. I went back to the shop I bought it from (friend insisted on paying for it) and the shop owner suggested I send it back to Glock to see if they could repair it. I did, they did and it was they repaired under warranty. I was never asked about the ammo used, all I paid was shipping.

Dan
Not a gun owner here...when you say "blew up the gun"... what are you saying? What happens?
When a gun 'blows up' it normally means that the barrel cracks from too much internal pressure. That pressure escapes through the crack, tearing the barrel open and often breaking other parts as well. Pieces from the brass case and parts of the gun can fly around at high velocity. It is very dangerous to the shooter because his hand and face are nearby.

Not a gun owner here...when you say "blew up the gun"... what are you saying? What happens?
The .45 auto case ruptured at the unsupported area at the feed ramp blasting hot high pressure gas down into the magazine. This blew the base plate off the magazine emptying the contents all over the floor. The trigger was missing and the frame was cracked at the junction of the mag release button and the back of the trigger guard.

Buddy was shooting it at the time and his hand got banged up a bit (like his palm got hit with a baseball bat).

Slide and barrel were unfazed and reused on the repaired gun.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

What??? A gun and a still didn't come with the house?
C'mon, man! Moonshine stills are legal in SC. No longer any need for guns or souped-up cars. (By the way, that stuff tastes like lighter fluid.)

I prefer Springfield, but Kimber's Desert Warrior was the 1911 that pushed me into buying my first 1911. But it's a glock that's on me 365 days a year.

I prefer Springfield, but Kimber's Desert Warrior was the 1911 that pushed me into buying my first 1911. But it's a glock that's on me 365 days a year.
I never could get used to the grip and what I consider a horrible trigger on the Glock. They are a fine weapon but not for me.

I love the crisp single action trigger of a well tuned 1911.

Just bought a Springfield XDs... I'm impressed with the trigger. I put a CT on it and now I'm conflicted as to my Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II or the XDs... Maybe carry both.....

Nice Springfield. Those Kimber's are nice too but pricey.

I nabbed an older S&W 5906. Feels great, aims true, and fires nice, I am biased towards metal guns. Tried a few of the polymer Sig, H&Ks, but happiest with the 5906. Methinks I'd like the Springfield and Kimber.

I nabbed an older S&W 5906. Feels great, aims true, and fires nice, I am biased towards metal guns. Tried a few of the polymer Sig, H&Ks, but happiest with the 5906. Methinks I'd like the Springfield and Kimber.
I have one of each and a couple Colts. I also have indoor shooting capability so the next time you're here you can try them out.

Sounds fun, Ray. A bunch of us PNW crew riders are taking the Multi-State CCP course, would be fun to visit a range when we're by.

Sounds fun, Ray. A bunch of us PNW crew riders are taking the Multi-State CCP course, would be fun to visit a range when we're by.
When you doing that? I had signed up to take that class in November but shit got in the way. The class was a one day deal over in Wenatchee, it was the Utah plus Oregon class.

There is a good place to shoot about 3 miles from the hotel. My indoor only has room for one at a time. Could be a good event for the Reuben Run.

They seem to be now. My Pro Carry II was a little over $400 when I got it. My used (like new) Super Match II Custom was, after selling off some of the extras, about $800.
I traded a S&W .357 for my Tactical custom Kimber. I got the. 357 in a labor trade so cash out of pocket was zip. Great way to do business.:) :) :)