KLIM Hardanger 1 piece suite announced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st4gary

Reaction score
I've been a stich guy since the early 90's. I've got two stiches in the closet including an R3

but I'll give this one a look once there's some local stock. I like the 100% windproof as long

as the ventilation works. The R3 is cold during the Bay Area winters and I have to layer but

it's awesome in the heat and humidty when traveling. The KLIM is also price competitive

with the stitch.

https://www.klim.com/Hardanger-One-Piece-Suit-3737-000

Like you I've several pieces of 'Stich hanging around so when I got some email advert showing that Klim suit it caught my eye. Figured it was only a matter of time. No idea how it compares to a Roadcrafter or such but I have wondered if Aerostich was resting on its laurels sometimes.

I may be wrong but it looks like the lilghter version of the stitch. Ventilation seems to better though.

Dave

As much as I like Klim and 1pc Roadcrafters I also feel disappointed by the looks of the new suit. It doesn't seem half as bombproof as my Badlands/Adv Rally combo, it seems to be more in line with Latitude series and at this price it should be far above it. I hope it's just pictures not making it justice and I'll be proven wrong. Main reason why there is no Stich in my closet now is that I'm big time stupid and solid armor of the Klim upper lines give me at least false sense of proper protection from the possible consequences of my own.

The biggest difference (amongst the many differences) is that Aerostitch will make a suit for your frame, whereas you have to fit into a Klim. If you're in between Klim's sizing, it can really take the fun out of it. :) . I do really like the ventilation aspect of the Klim, and really like the D30 armour with air holes! 'Stitch's armour (admittingly untested by myself) can get rather hot with sweat spots in warm/hot weather.

It is a slick-looking suit. If anything, perhaps it will inspire Aerostitch to update.

Thanks for the Link but Ill stick with the Stitch.Custom created for me and has proven itself in a big get off.

Canadian FJR
With my physique I'll probably be in the same boat (sticking with my stitches)!
rolleyes.gif