LED Tail Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjturbo

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the 1157 replacement LED bulbs? Are you happy with the way they turned out? On some LED tail lights the difference in brightness between the tail light and the stop light is not very noticeable in bright sun light.

Phil

Seattle

Yes, I have. To be honest I would not do it. They are dimer with less "filling" of the bulb assembly. In fact, I've been meaning to swap the stock bulbs back in (thanks for the reminder!).

I have both the dual 16 LED hyperlights and Signal dynamics strip (about 14 lights) in addition to stock, so I feel safe enough. Hyperlights really keep people off your arse. If you have nothing else I encourage you to not swap in LED 1157

Anyone know if the colored tail lenses are LED specific? I've heard some lenses don't work as well with LED replacements. PM. <>< :huh:

Yes, I have. To be honest I would not do it. They are dimer with less "filling" of the bulb assembly. In fact, I've been meaning to swap the stock bulbs back in (thanks for the reminder!).
I have both the dual 16 LED hyperlights and Signal dynamics strip (about 14 lights) in addition to stock, so I feel safe enough. Hyperlights really keep people off your arse. If you have nothing else I encourage you to not swap in LED 1157
Thanks for that info. I was just at the local auto parts store today looking at the LED replacements. I hesitated. I'm glad that I did. Are there any websites that compare the lumens of the incandescent bulb vs the LED arrangements?

I got them and didn't like them. Depending on which one you got, they seem to be directional lights (meaning they are only seen at certain angles) rather than omni direction. Unless the brand "clear lens" that I used on my VStar comes out with them, and they had a whole led board that filled the taillight section, I'd keep with the stock bulbs.