Led Tail Lite Bulbs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrtx

Reaction score
Have seen Led replacement bulbs for sale on Ebay. Looks like they are a simple change out of the existing bulb. Has anybody tried them? How much brighter are they or is it just a waste of money?

Have seen Led replacement bulbs for sale on Ebay. Looks like they are a simple change out of the existing bulb. Has anybody tried them? How much brighter are they or is it just a waste of money?
I sell LED's, because I sell undertails and you can't sell an undertail in this day and age if it does not have LED's.

But to answer your question, your incandescent bulbs are brighter.

I looked at the LED's, and decided against them, for the same reasons as above-dimness (them, not me asshats). Liked the idea of low heat and less juice use, but the trade wasn't a good idea to me.

Some vehicles have problems with converting to LEDs due to the LED not having much resistance......

Toecutter

Do you have another email for them, I have one of there battery type but it goes off when not braking as the rough roads etc.There bright but need them higher than licence plate to GET IN THEIR EYES. :p

rogerfjrfaster :D

No, I don't have an email addy for them. Mine is mounted on the bottom of my Givi adapter plate, at a good height for being seen. I got the direct wired version and installed it upside-down so it lights up whenever the brakes are hit. It seems to be pretty visible as I had some other riders comment on it at the Sequoia ride.

Some vehicles have problems with converting to LEDs due to the LED not having much resistance......
True, as it applies to turn signals. If you have LED's, your are going to have to change the flasher unit or install resistors.