Lee Parks Total Control Level 2 Clinic, Sunday, April 14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
I am taking the Lee Parks Total Control Level 2 clinic on Sunday, April 14th. It is through Team AZ and will be held at their GO AZ Motorcycle training facility in north Scottsdale. It is from 7am -5pm and costs $295.

I am really excited about taking this class. Taking the Level 1 clinic 6 years ago really opened up my riding to a whole different world. It would be great if some of you could join me. There are currently still three slots open.

To take this clinic, you do have to have taken the Level 1 class as a prerequisite. If you haven't done so, you have two opportunities to take the Level 1 class: Saturday, March 16, or Saturday April 13. All done at Go AZ.

I HIGHLY recommend taking the Lee Parks clinics. I can't say enough good things about them and how they helped my riding.

Level 1 clinic info: https://www.motorcycletraining.com/courses/total-control-advanced-riding-clinic/

Level 2 clinic info: https://www.motorcycletraining.com/courses/total-control-advanced-riding-clinic-level-2/

Full Disclosure: I am a RiderCoach and in the process of becoming a Total Control Instructor with Team AZ but for this class am nothing more than a student.
Whether you take this class, or another rider training class by another organization, PLEASE take something! I can't stress this enough. We all spend big $$$ on our bikes, our gear, and our farkles, but how often do we spend a few hundred bucks on some advanced rider training that can not only make our riding more enjoyable, but save our bacon! Even if you have been riding for years, if you think you know it all and have nothing new to learn, you are wrong

Good on ya ScootyG, I'm in for the Level 2 clinic this June. Best 'farkle' I've ever spent money on.

Flipper, it's about time!
smile.png
nono.gif

I'm gonna take a look see around here for a level 1 course...and mebbe borrow my son's beater XJ600.
smile.png
Take the FJR. It's no problem on it, and, thats the bike you ride all the time so it only makes sense to get instructed on it.

For instance, I think class 2 of phase 1 is throttle control, DEAD simple excersize, but I couldn't do it properly on the snatchy fueling on my 04. A little clutch slip did wonders for it. BTW, throttle control is probably the number one thing you'll learn. Same thing I was taught at the FAST race school..

"Be smooder on da troddle" - Micheal Mercier. 2 time Cdn Superbike Champion, 28 number one plates.

"Smoother buddy.. Smoother" - Andrew Nelson, current CSBK contender.

Good on ya ScootyG, I'm in for the Level 2 clinic this June. Best 'farkle' I've ever spent money on.
Where are you taking the Level 2? I complete Level 1 a few years back in Lansing, Michigan but curious if there is something offered in Ontario....

Where are you taking the Level 2? I complete Level 1 a few years back in Lansing, Michigan but curious if there is something offered in Ontario....
Ya, theirs a school being run out of the Hershey Center in Mississauga, started last year. Sec.. I'll dig up the URL for you..

https://www.sharpridermotorcycletraining.com/

I'm in the Level 2 class on the 06/23. The instructors, David & Nancy, are great, I can't recommend it highly enough.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ch9g9q8ttjcku30/Yfqim3k1UF/DSC02906%20%28Small%29.JPG

SG, no offense meant.

I was recalling you telling me that sometimes, when the bike was loosing traction, you tended to 'freeze up' rather than ride through.

The offer still stands for you to ride the Hondarosa for some dirt bike fun.. it is as valuable as any street bike class.. Loose is good!

IMHO, of course!

fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses

Thanks for posting this up about Lee Parks Skooter. I thought about looking into this when Bungie had a thread about it, but then kinda forgot about it.

So I just looked into their website and I see they have several clinics at Elkhart Lake, WI (Road America). If anyone has been there to watch races, you know how great that track is. I think I may sign up for May 24 or early June session.

So what do you think? Will I need to order the knee pucks for the 'stich?
smile2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Skooter for starting this thread.... +1 on every you stated.

Thanks for posting this up about Lee Parks Skooter. I thought about looking into this when Bungie had a thread about it, but then kinda forgot about it.
So I just looked into their website and I see they have several clinics at Elkhart Lake, WI (Road America). If anyone has been there to watch races, you know how great that track is. I think I may sign up for May 24 or early June session.

So what do you think? Will I need to order the knee pucks for the 'stich?
smile2.gif
You will be amazed at your progress...... At my level 1 session they had some pucks to offer the students. I remember thinking that I would never need them. After a few hours, the instructor pulled me aside. I thought that I was going to be given some instructions to correct some bad technique. Instead, he holds out some pucks and says "I think you you are going to need these". Shortly after, I was regularly touching my knee down for the first time in my life! A few months later, I attended "FAST" track training and was touching down my knee regularly thanks to the techniques taught at the Total Control training.....

Ya, theirs a school being run out of the Hershey Center in Mississauga, started last year. Sec.. I'll dig up the URL for you..

https://www.sharpridermotorcycletraining.com/

I'm in the Level 2 class on the 06/23. The instructors, David & Nancy, are great, I can't recommend it highly enough.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ch9g9q8ttjcku30/Yfqim3k1UF/DSC02906%20%28Small%29.JPG
Thanks Bungie. I must have missed any previous posts on this. I had no idea that Total Control was being offered in Mississauga. I have saved the link. I am going to try to get the Level 2 later this year. Early this spring, I want to take the SMART dirt bike training in Horseshoe Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be amazed at your progress...... At my level 1 session they had some pucks to offer the students. I remember thinking that I would never need them. After a few hours, the instructor pulled me aside. I thought that I was going to be given some instructions to correct some bad technique. Instead, he holds out some pucks and says "I think you you are going to need these". Shortly after, I was regularly touching my knee down for the first time in my life! A few months later, I attended "FAST" track training and was touching down my knee regularly thanks to the techniques taught at the Total Control training.....
Thanks Bungie. I must have missed any previous posts on this. I had no idea that Total Control was being offered in Mississauga. I have saved the link. I am going to try to get the Level 2 later this year. Early this spring, I want to take the SMART dirt bike training in Horseshoe Valley.
Sounds like we've followed similar education, as I mentioned I've done both as well. I really want to do another FAST school, but it's very spendy. The SMART course is the one done by Clinton Smout? I've toyed with doing that one as well. I grew up riding in the dirt and doing motocross. The skills are still there, the body is lacking though.