Let's Roll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobOdenweller

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to head out on a shake down cruise in preperation for a much longer trip in July. This will give me a chance to thoroughly test out all the farkles that I put on last winter as well as have a better idea on how packing will go. Anyhow, here's how I will be packing for my 10 day trip next month. Kind of overkill for my two day weekend that starts tomorrow. I bought a new North Face duffel, and in it I have all the essentials: tent, sleeping bag, pad, pillow, camp stool, and rain gear. The top case hold all my clothes and my netbook. One side case holds miscellaneous dry goods such as flashlight, bug repellent, mini lantern, and heated jacket. The other side case is my kitchen and holds things like a stove, coffee, food, utensils, and booze. The tank bag holds all my toiletries, maps, drink, and snacks.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. Show us your way. Here's mine:

FJR001.JPG

FJR002.JPG

FJR003.JPG

FJR004.JPG

Please do not tie your duffle like that to the rear footpegs, well, unless your looking for an unplanned quick release. Those thing fold. Loop them through the footpeg mounts instead.

IMG_0569-1.jpg

All camping gear except the Thermarest and camp chair is in the waterproof blue duffle. The Thermarest/Chair get strapped on top. Left side saddle bag is emergency bike stuff/rain gear. Right side saddle bag is clothes/shoes/toiletries/chargers. Top box is netbook, heated gear, clear visor, cooling vest with a fair bit of room left over.

Please do not tie your duffle like that to the rear footpegs, well, unless your looking for an unplanned quick release. Those thing fold. Loop them through the footpeg mounts instead.
Good point. I've never done them that way in the past. Just looking for a new way. I'll try your suggestion.

Duke & I are packed like this & ready to roll out tommorow across the desert fer a 4 day ride (meetin the crew in big bear!)

3537565642_097df49bea.jpg

In Banff last year:

CFR-Kodak067.jpg

Montana:

CFR-Canon014.jpg

Weekend trip to Hwy 36 in NorCal. Bluestreek @ TWN's sign:

NorCalHwy36to96019.jpg

July '08....2 of several trips over the Continental Divide:

Monarch Pass with TWN's bike

NAFOJuly08003.jpg

Willow Creek Pass

NAFOJuly08036.jpg

Ain't touring and traveling fun!

This was from Nov '09, had bike less than one month and wanted to try an overnight campout in Rocky Mountain National Park before it got any colder!

FJR_011_1.jpg

Are those '07's sweet or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to head out on a shake down cruise in preperation for a much longer trip in July. This will give me a chance to thoroughly test out all the farkles that I put on last winter as well as have a better idea on how packing will go. Anyhow, here's how I will be packing for my 10 day trip next month. Kind of overkill for my two day weekend that starts tomorrow. I bought a new North Face duffel, and in it I have all the essentials: tent, sleeping bag, pad, pillow, camp stool, and rain gear. The top case hold all my clothes and my netbook. One side case holds miscellaneous dry goods such as flashlight, bug repellent, mini lantern, and heated jacket. The other side case is my kitchen and holds things like a stove, coffee, food, utensils, and booze. The tank bag holds all my toiletries, maps, drink, and snacks.
What, no sliders?

This was just my first SS1 ride, Decided to strap tank bag under sleeping bag; which made a great backrest support for the long ride. Kept the trunk loosely packed, clothing on right bag, and tools, rain gear, air pump, first aid on left bag. Can't see in photo, my combination lock, locking the tank bag down to bike for security.

Since swapped gps to zumo 550. Just didn't want that tank bag in front--liked the cheapo back rest though.

SS1000040.jpg

My standard getup (with pillion) for CFR 2009. I hope it's nicer weather at CFR 2010! :yahoo:

565171031_JGqbu-L.jpg

Ok here is how I did my motorcycle camping trip last year solo.

Julymotocyclecampingtrip029.jpg

I really needed to update my camping gear so I did that this year and this is how I just did a motorcycle camping trip with my wife.

NewapartmentandFJR004.jpg
1CAMPINGTRIP2010008.jpg

I got 2 sleeping bags,2 pillows,single air matresses, and a tent all in the trunk. Side bags held our clothes and toiletries

Eric

Are those '07's sweet or what?
You bet! :D

I'm still working out my plan for packing this summer. Find that I need to fill the void where the pillion used to sit! :rolleyes:
I've got a Moto-Fizz rear seat bag that you can borrow. Works great, and will help fill the pillion void... although Bust may be able to offer some suggestions on that too...

Griff

Everyone has their own way of doing things. Show us your way. Here's mine:

FJR001.JPG

FJR002.JPG

FJR003.JPG

FJR004.JPG
what is that knob next to the glove compartment? Does not looking like OEM Heated Hand Grips control..

My packing technique is pretty similar to the rest of the folks. I try not to use a tank bag if I don't absolutely need the space because it blocks too much wind and I like the breeze on me.

Regarding tie down spots for the bag on the pillion seat, I use a couple of straps tied into loops that go under a crossbar under and between the seats. I pull the loops up in between the seats to us as tie down points. Works very well.

177.jpg