Letter of appreciation to Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes....isn't it about time to move on to more pleasant things (ie: close this thread down)? Like taking a ride on your surge free FJR. I'll keep my $.02 to myself.

Tom

Yes....isn't it about time to move on to more pleasant things (ie: close this thread down)? Like taking a ride on your surge free FJR. I'll keep my $.02 to myself.
Tom
I don't understand the logic behind wanting to close a thread because someones tired of hearing about it. Has anyone ever been forced to follow a thread? Can't you just browse right past it if you're tired of hearing about it?

I thought there was some good points in this thread, for and against; even during the pissing match. :rolleyessmileyanim:

I don't understand the logic behind wanting to close a thread because someones tired of hearing about it. Has anyone ever been forced to follow a thread? Can't you just browse right past it if you're tired of hearing about it?
I thought there was some good points in this thread, for and against; even during the pissing match.
You should be banned for suggesting such logic be used!

I thought there was some good points in this thread, for and against; even during the pissing match. :rolleyessmileyanim:
I guess that I'm saying that most iof the subject is covered. You can write Yamaha a letter if you like but you don't have to rand and rave here about not liking what happened. Just state your case once and MOVE ON. Riding is a much better idea. IMHO I think Yamaha acted rather quickly after hearing how Honda handled some of there "issues".But then, this is just my $.02 on this issue. YMMV

Tom

Hi gang. Looks like Ignacio found somebody else to pick on, now that I'll be mostly absent (to his delight). :lol:

Didn't bother to read all the replies, but wanted to let you know I dropped my letter in the mail yesterday; kept my word.

Also want to point out this issue wasn't handled perfectly (who does?), but can't expect things to get better without praising a company for a step in the right direction. Honda never acknowledged the chronic overheating on my GL1800, and BMW never acknowledged the few problems I had either. That's why I wanted to encourage Yamaha to keep up the good work, and hopefully they'll acknowledge the next problem much quicker. Make sure to mention you expect that in your letter. :coolsmiley02:

As I said in my first post, let's focus on the positives folks (and yes, even Ignacio must have some :p ). With that frame of mind, you can't deny Yamaha did something right. If you keep lookng at the negatives, you'll be miserable the rest of your life, because you'll always find them, no matter where you look. I'm out of here. Take care.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gang. Looks like Ignacio found somebody else to pick on, now that I'll be mostly absent (to his delight). :lol:
Didn't bother to read all the replies, but wanted to let you know I dropped my letter in the mail yesterday; kept my word.

Also want to point out this issue wasn't handled perfectly (who does?), but can't expect things to get better without praising a company for a step in the right direction. Honda never acknowledged the chronic overheating on my GL1800, and BMW never acknowledged the few problems I had either. That's why I wanted to encourage Yamaha to keep up the good work, and hopefully they'll acknowledge the next problem much quicker. Make sure to mention you expect that in your letter. :coolsmiley02:

As I said in my first post, let's focus on the positives folks (and yes, even Ignacio must have some :p ). With that frame of mind, you can't deny Yamaha did something right. If you keep lookng at the negatives, you'll be miserable the rest of your life, because you'll always find them, no matter where you look. I'm out of here. Take care.

JC
GUNNY

I would say someone who does not have an 06/07 and not been struggling with the problem, who has not read ALL the threads on it, or spent any time trying to debug it, and who has not been dealing with Yamaha factory or dealer personnel directly (for months) over this issue is naive to think they have any legitimate basis to comment.
I guess your right, i am naive becuase I dont have an 06-07 model ...As if this problem this surging problem is unlike any other consumer based issue with a product that has ever existed.

Its a good thing you zipped it :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator: