Like an old friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incoherent

Reaction score
I picked up my '07 FJR yesterday and rode it home 250 miles in 40 degree temps. The amazing part was how much the bike reminded me of the FJ1100/1200's that I rode in years past. Obviously the FJR is more refined, but it still has that same comfy feeling. I can't wait to get the suspension all dialed in and the controls set up to my liking.

I have a couple of pieces coming in later on this week to personalize it and add my Givi topbox. I also need to order a mount for my Nuvi (good info here on this site), but that'll all come in time.

Today is going to be spent detailing the bike and changing the fluids. Quality garage time is needed for a proper introduction.

You will find that the more you ride it the more you are going to love it.

The romance has just started.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.

Congrats on the new [to you] FJR!

If you're in to your own maintenance, there's not much that hasn't been done here...and as previously said -- we're happy to help spend your money! :)

Enjoy the bike.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new [to you] FJR!

If you're in to your own maintenance, there's not much that hasn't been done here...and as previously said -- we're happy to help spend your money! :)

Enjoy the bike.

--G
I generally do most all of my wrenching. I've already made a trip out for brake fluid, coolant, oils and a filter. The tires and brakes are on order. I also keep a clean bike which can be counter productive at times.