Long distance record about to be shattered

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred had a hard go of it since the beginning- remember the kick stand thread that Fred took so much grief from? I will miss you and, Fred, by the way you were right about the kickstand and I used an angle grinder to take mine down a little. Best wishes.
You're a bad person, Barabus, trying to stir the shit like that...

:)

large.jpg

large.jpg

FredH, stick around for a while, there's all kinds of things on this bike that need fixing. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Duct tape - 2 new uses with one name - "fix a wing" 1. repair a Goldwing 2. stop Scabs arm from bleeding when he stabbed himself.

Fred, I guess you'll never see this, but why are you running away cause your post was questioned? You quoted Bounce from a thread 8 months ago.

Look a few threads down in IB. A few days ago my local news said a guy was going to break the LD record on a bike for 1,800 in a day and we knew that was BS. This guy was even doing it on the closed Talladega Super Speedway. Point is. people may think they are right, but when others can show facts to the contrary, it doesn't mean you (they) did not do something great. It just means they weren't the first (in this case).

I will miss you and, Fred, by the way you were right about the kickstand and I used an angle grinder to take mine down a little.
Except that it had been discussed before...like 3 years ago or more in the "green room". It was common knowledge that was shared by many of us once the issue was broached, and the information/answer is freely, without alarm or fanfare, shared with any who bring up the subject of the kickstand not being pitched far enough forward on their shiny new FJR. Not ALL of us have the problem, but many know how to change the angle and will "Hep a brudda out" and not get all "pissy-faced" about it.

Fred has a lot of knowledge and ability, but he isn't the only one. Everyone has something to contribute. I wouldn't do some of the things others post, but I'm glad they do it as I can learn and think about what I might want to do.

Eye bin reedin' this h'yar book, en et sez, "Taint nuthin' noo under thuh sun...". Seemz lak ever thyme sum'un gits tuh sayin' theys gone and found the "Onliest" er "Knewist" er "Bestest" er "Longest" er "Cheepist" they gits all het-up whin sum'un ess gits tuh pokin' thar idee weth a stick tuh see if'n et be troo. Dang-et-all, heck, tarnation en gee-whiz!

$10 says he doesn't last our another year before dumping the bike and moving to a platform where his every move will be honored according to the visionary status he so richly deserves.

I give up, you win.

It seems every single thing I post on this board becomes a target for those who enjoy picking it to pieces. Please remove all my posts and my profile from this board. I no longer wish to be associated with it in any way. I have better things to do with my time.
i didn't see anyone pick anything to pieces in this thread until Fred turned it into a parody. iirc we all gave props to the rider and noted specifics where the "first' or "only" claim was an overstatement. correcting facts is a good thing.

coming in expecting the be the first and only member to walk on water doesn't work when you find that the only reason the water is so shallow is because you're walking on the shoulders of those who went before.

who's paying up and where's my $10?

IIRC, this is the third time Fred has "given up" and left. I think he had interesting things to say, and I appreciated his posting this story of a gutsy lady doing something I don't have the time or money (or possibly guts) to ever do. And I personally don't care if other people have done something before -- it is about the personal challenge. If it was about being best or first for example, no SS1000's would ever bothered to be ridden again.

But Fred, you're a sensitive guy, and I don't think a thin skin is gonna make it around here.

B.....Y.....E....
Just so everybody knows, Fred H. original posted a comment about MotorcycleMom racking up 125K+ miles on a Goldwing with the addition of being the first to do it on a single motorcycle....until she was in an accident. She's slogging it out now with a duct taped bike the last 1000 or so miles to set a mileage record at least.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Then some discussion happened questioning whether others might have used the same bike or no........he didn't seem to like the way the conversation was going and went back and edited all of his posts....replacing things with a B....Y.....E...

It's not the first time Freh H. has gotten in a snit and packed up his toys, but it's certainly been the quickest at 46 minutes. Just thought people would like to know the context of the thread.....and that I (seemingly unusually) don't think I had a thing to do with it.

Ride on MotorcycleMom! I hope you make the record!
Fred who?

On my way to Hyder last year, I had the pleasure of riding in the company of Sheila thru Utah and parts of Idaho. The ride was ah, rather spirited. She can ride that Wing and pulling a trailer to boot!

You go girl. Heal well.

First rate duct-taping job!
thumb.gif

.... [SIZE=8pt]Sorry, I just wanted to contribute something positive and uplifting to help counter all you mean-spirited motherfuckers.... :lol: [/SIZE]

For cryin out loud!

I take my girl to a baseball game, get a good night's sleep, hit a couple of appointments this morning and when I finally come back all hell has broken loose and I didn't even have anything to do with it. I can't believe you all had a dogpile without me. You call yourselves friends? I am going go away for a while. :angry2:

Ok, I'm back. :yahoo:

.....and that I (seemingly unusually) don't think I had a thing to do with it.
Me neither. Go figure.

who's paying up and where's my $10?
Check is in the mail. :p

[SIZE=8pt]Sorry, I just wanted to contribute something positive and uplifting to help counter all you mean-spirited motherfuckers.... :lol: [/SIZE]
You're baaaaaaaaad!

And back on topic.................

One huge bravo zulu to Sheila - MotorcycleMom, Ardys, and Vonnie. That is ONE HELL OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. And one I hope to do someday. Also a well-done to Fred H if I read his initial post correctly in that he helped Sheila get back on the road after her mishap.

Damn, this was a hard thread to figure out for seeing it for the first time.

I don't know if this is a joke or not. If it is, then haha, good one. If it is not, and Fred is leaving, then dude, whatever! Lighten up, Francis. It is the frickin' internet, and people write out their ass on these boards. Quit acting like a 5 year old and don't engage these fuckleberries when they start shit. Either that, or stuff 'em hard (which is more fun, me thinks). :evilsmiley03:

-BD

For cryin outloud. We offended yet another person! Well, I offended that you are offended at my having offended you. SO........ :fuck: :bye:

For cryin outloud. We offended yet another person! Well, I offended that you are offended at my having offended you. SO........ :fuck: :bye:
Don't go away mad, just go away....

But thanks for the way cool Givi LED tail lights, Fred!

The gold room gains another member. It needs one.

not another person. the same person another time.

The gold room gains another member.
hard to get offended when you're the only one posting.