Looking for Aftermarket Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one more that uses the same material as the grip puppies.I'm not sure of the exact spelling but it is something like Emigo and the price is in the 7 to 10 range.

The main difference is that they are sculptured like a coke bottle,

Thicker on both ends about a half inch wide each and think in the middle about 2 inches wide or so. three high places and to thinner places.
I used to run grips like that back in the early 80's. The brand name I used was Johar and they are still in business. Back then the other big grip brand was Grab-on, but I didn't like how slim they were.

For my FJR, I just added the grip puppies. They are super easy to install, provide reduced vibration, are more comfortable and my Honda heated grips still work through them (although I have to go up a level for the same heat). I ride in lots of rain and they have never slipped or cause any problems.

The puppies come in small and large. For the 08', I'm measuring twice and ordering once, Small, am I correct ?
I just ordered small so I hope you are right (I didnt measure)